Due to COVID-19 the customer migration out from Xclaim had slowed down in the past 15 months, to allow existing Xclaim customers extra time to complete the migration, the Xclaim Cloud Manager service will be extended from the original termination date (July 25, 2021) to September 30, 2021.

Do I NEED to use Harmony to manage the APs?

ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
YES. There is no other option for management. We hope you love it as much as we do.

Comments

• PathwayPathway Member Posts: 2
    While I understand that iOS and Android devices are everywhere, why is there no option for HTTP(s) management?
  • DavidHDavidH Member Posts: 1
    It is so unprofessional to have Engineers wandering round a site using their phones to configure. Looks like they are "playing" on their phones, or engrossed in Facebook. Come on Chaps, can't you do something so we can configure from a PC ?
  • ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
    DavidH said:

It is so unprofessional to have Engineers wandering round a site using their phones to configure. Looks like they are "playing" on their phones, or engrossed in Facebook. Come on Chaps, can't you do something so we can configure from a PC ?

The concept of Harmony was built around mobile app management. This is not a secret and is posted all over the forum and our website. I understand people are used to using a web browser but we are hoping to break that trend. If someone is using Facebook they should have a stern talking to! :)
  • terolesteroles Member Posts: 4
    I don't have an Apple or Android mobile device and I'm not going to get one anytime soon. Am I out of luck? When will there be Harmony for Windows Phone or a Windows Modern app? ;)

If a web gui is out of the question, then please make at least a SSH console for the engineers.
    @teroles‌ Thanks for your comment. No plans for Windows phone app. We are looking at Web UI but nothing concrete. Keep an eye out.
  • josejose Member Posts: 69
    Mobile devices are the feature, so I really don't mind configure the APs from my phone or tablet, but some type of controller would definetly make things easier.
    jose said:

Mobile devices are the feature, so I really don't mind configure the APs from my phone or tablet, but some type of controller would definetly make things easier.

Well considering we are a "controller-free" product, most likely not going to happen. We definitely have products to do that in our ZoneFlex line, but this is a different market. Web UI, cloud connectivity, sure. Just don't expect a WLAN controller anytime soon. :smile:
  • emaackemaack Member Posts: 2
    Hi, when you mention cloud connectivity.

Can we expect an smb version like SM from Meraki?
    I mean a cloud management console, were one can manage all AP's at different locations?
  • rriverarrivera Member Posts: 3
    Really, i need to configure 15 AP but the APP crash with every device we had in this NOC. Any idea ?
    rrivera said:

Really, i need to configure 15 AP but the APP crash with every device we had in this NOC. Any idea ?

There is a web interface you can use to manage your AP. App updates coming soon.
  • josejose Member Posts: 69
    Would it be possible to add a configuration backup to the AP?
    jose said:

Would it be possible to add a configuration backup to the AP?

Not in the immediate plans considering the configuration depth is quite shallow. Maybe when we release a cloud managed option this would suffice.
  • rriverarrivera Member Posts: 3
    What about we need to update the access points but the app crashes ?
    rrivera said:

What about we need to update the access points but the app crashes ?

You can do it from SSH or just reboot the AP. This will force an update check. If you do just reboot the AP, I would encourage another reboot about 3-5 mins later to instantiate the new image.
  • asimpsonasimpson Member Posts: 1
    So there is no way to administer these things remotely? If a user in another location calls the helpdesk and says their wireless isn't working I have no way to check the APs or restart them except drive 20 miles?
    asimpson said:

So there is no way to administer these things remotely? If a user in another location calls the helpdesk and says their wireless isn't working I have no way to check the APs or restart them except drive 20 miles?

Sure you can. Access the web interface by creating a port forwarding rule on your router.