VLAN trouble

nickojorgenickojorge Member Posts: 10
I'm having weird issues when using the Xi-3 in a VLAN'd environment, as follows:

Ethernet into Xi-3 is trunked:
VLAN 110 TAGGED, 10.110.0.0/16, SSID: ANET
VLAN 120 TAGGED, 10.120.0.0/16, SSID: BNET
VLAN 210 TAGGED, 10.210.0.0/16, SSID: GUESTNET

After configuring the WLANs in Harmony and pushing that out to the AP, it boots up, broadcasts the 3 SSIDs, and devices can join and are assigned an IP on the appropriate subnet by my DHCP server.

However, I then cannot access the AP in the Harmony app.

Am I missing something in my configuration steps? I'd like to be able to access the AP in Harmony while connected to ANET on my phone. My phone is connected to ANET, is assigned an IP in the 10.110.0.0/16 subnet, but cannot see the AP. Do I specify a management VLAN somewhere?

I'm also having an intermittent issue where an Acer C720 Chromebook cannot associate with the AP, and ChromeOS displays "out of range" (even when the Chromebook is right next to the AP). Every other device connects fine.

All-in-all, this is definitely a product line still in its early stages. But there is clearly a vision for the product and a lot to potentially look forward to. I like seeing Xclaim folks responding directly to owners in the forums - keep up the good work!

Comments

• ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457

I'm having weird issues when using the Xi-3 in a VLAN'd environment, as follows:

Ethernet into Xi-3 is trunked:
    VLAN 110 TAGGED, 10.110.0.0/16, SSID: ANET
    VLAN 120 TAGGED, 10.120.0.0/16, SSID: BNET
    VLAN 210 TAGGED, 10.210.0.0/16, SSID: GUESTNET

After configuring the WLANs in Harmony and pushing that out to the AP, it boots up, broadcasts the 3 SSIDs, and devices can join and are assigned an IP on the appropriate subnet by my DHCP server.

However, I then cannot access the AP in the Harmony app.

Am I missing something in my configuration steps? I'd like to be able to access the AP in Harmony while connected to ANET on my phone. My phone is connected to ANET, is assigned an IP in the 10.110.0.0/16 subnet, but cannot see the AP. Do I specify a management VLAN somewhere?

I'm also having an intermittent issue where an Acer C720 Chromebook cannot associate with the AP, and ChromeOS displays "out of range" (even when the Chromebook is right next to the AP). Every other device connects fine.

All-in-all, this is definitely a product line still in its early stages. But there is clearly a vision for the product and a lot to potentially look forward to. I like seeing Xclaim folks responding directly to owners in the forums - keep up the good work!

You must connect to the AP on an untagged VLAN. So the best way is to create a secure SSID for management with no VLAN tag. Hope this helps.
  • nickojorgenickojorge Member Posts: 10