Due to COVID-19 the customer migration out from Xclaim had slowed down in the past 15 months, to allow existing Xclaim customers extra time to complete the migration, the Xclaim Cloud Manager service will be extended from the original termination date (July 25, 2021) to September 30, 2021.

How do I reset the AP?

ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
There is a hard reset pin hole on the back near the ethernet port. The unit must be powered up (give it a min to make sure) and then you PRESS AND HOLD for 8 seconds. If you do this, I would suggest deleting the app and reinstalling it as well. Just to clear out any local cache issues.

Comments

• SpringsSprings Member Posts: 114
    Hold up.

We have to remove the app and reinstall between deployments?
  • ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
    The app is per device, per installation. You cannot use the app to manage multiple installs.
  • CBrownCBrown Member Posts: 24
    ericsr said:

The app is per device, per installation. You cannot use the app to manage multiple installs.

That means I have to have a different cell phone with the app installed for each installation where I install Xclaim units.
    Please upgrade the app so you can scan for devices at a site and then manage them rather than tying the app to one device or installation.
  • josejose Member Posts: 69
    We just need a remote management solution
  • dszpdszp Member Posts: 19
    Need two things--remote management, and ability to log out and back in with a different network on one iOS device. Deploying and managing multiple Xclaim networks for customers is extremely clumsy if it requires deleting and re-installing the app all the time! Plus it just fails all the time as well even when configuring APs from the default--which I will look for solutions elsewhere in the forums; just got here. But I've already played with some units, it's a very promising solution that needs work...
  • SpringsSprings Member Posts: 114
    edited November 2014
    Show up on site.
    Delete the AP on my phone.
    Redownload it.
    Put the info back in for the site I am PHYSICALLY at.
    Then can I manage the APs?
    (Since its AP driven... i can't leave a device on site that i can log into either?)

This has shades of UniFi 1.0 all over it. Hell worse, as back then I had to delete the software and restore the INSTANCE for the site I was at on a laptop. But then I could talk to the system again. Ofcourse the DESIGNED/INTENDED use was to have a server running 24/7 per site. Where the server was didn't really matter but it needed to be reachable online for the APs to report and for one to manage. So long as I could reach the server with a WEB BROWSER I could manage things.
    dszp said:

Need two things--remote management, and ability to log out and back in with a different network on one iOS device. Deploying and managing multiple Xclaim networks for customers is extremely clumsy if it requires deleting and re-installing the app all the time! Plus it just fails all the time as well even when configuring APs from the default--which I will look for solutions elsewhere in the forums; just got here. But I've already played with some units, it's a very promising solution that needs work...

Again, version 1.0 is meant for local installation and management. Its not our answer to multi-site and never claimed to. Hang with us and you will be rewarded.
    Springs said:

Show up on site.
    Delete the AP on my phone.
    Redownload it.
    Put the info back in for the site I am PHYSICALLY at.
    Then can I manage the APs?
    (Since its AP driven... i can't leave a device on site that i can log into either?)

This has shades of UniFi 1.0 all over it. Hell worse, as back then I had to delete the software and restore the INSTANCE for the site I was at on a laptop. But then I could talk to the system again. Ofcourse the DESIGNED/INTENDED use was to have a server running 24/7 per site. Where the server was didn't really matter but it needed to be reachable online for the APs to report and for one to manage. So long as I could reach the server with a WEB BROWSER I could manage things.

This IS Harmony 1.0. Not even sure what company you are referencing! :smile: We are being very clear that this is the first step in a simple product and it will continue to improve at a very fast pace. I appreciate your comments and understand. Please be patient or check back as we add new features.
  • josejose Member Posts: 69
    @Springs I can't believe you just compared Xclaim to UniFi. Shame on you :'(
    The beauty of this forum is people can compare whatever they want. As long as they speak objectively! We welcome everyone.
  • dszpdszp Member Posts: 19
    Compare? I've done a lot of UniFi deployments (from 1 AP, frequently, to 3, 5, or even 25), and for low-density stuff it works great for the most part. Done a couple of small to medium sized Ruckus deployments as well, and it's great, would love to do more of it, which is what I'm hoping Xclaim will let me do--Ruckus products but to fit the customer size I work with most of the time (small businesses and churches--though the larger churches would do better with full-blown Ruckus, some limp along with overwhelmed UniFi deployments due to $ (this is not something Xclaim will likely fix)).

It just feels a bit more like a beta experience so far (with the errors I've seen from Harmony so far), not really a 1.0. I'm hoping 1.5 is soon and improved :-) I don't think it's quite as good as @Springs said even yet--it's not "put the info in for the network I'm physically at," it's go around and reset all APs to default, re-adopt them, reconfigure all settings from scratch, and now you can make changes! I suppose buying a $100 Android tablet to leave on-premise for management might be a temporary solution, though clunky for sure.
  • josh_swsjosh_sws Member Posts: 1
    @dszp I'll be actively watching this product line to see how it compares.
  • RuckusmanRuckusman Member Posts: 26
    ericsr said:

I have two AP's. One x2 in my company and one X1 at my home. I have L3 VPN established between locations and I check from time to time if everthing is fine at home (if my wife is surfing the internet or doing something more usefull ;););)

So when I came to home then I have to make a factory reset just to see data from AP????
    I will try this again today when I came to home but I think it won't be so horrible.

Yesterday I configured X2 and I can still get data from this device without reseting it to factory. Hope that I will get data from my home AP when I came to home in evening.

Br Peter.