Due to COVID-19 the customer migration out from Xclaim had slowed down in the past 15 months, to allow existing Xclaim customers extra time to complete the migration, the Xclaim Cloud Manager service will be extended from the original termination date (July 25, 2021) to December 31, 2021.

"Some" Nexus (Android) devices do NOT support DFS (5GHz channels from 52-140)

ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
See admission from Google that its a known problem

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=59502

Comments

• MatMat Member Posts: 6
    I can verify this as I have a Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 2013. I wish they would fix this.

Mat
  • ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
    Mat said:

I can verify this as I have a Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 2013. I wish they would fix this.

Mat

They apparently don't want to deal with certification.
  • EthanHEthanH Member Posts: 8
    Since Lollipop landed the Nexus 5 and 10 have been able to connect to 5GHz signals without problems. In the commercial realm I connected both these devices to Ruckus Zoneflex, Cisco Aironet, and Juniper WLA APs. Home AC routers and APs (Linksys, et. al.) also connect without issue. The Xi-3 is different. It only wants to connect on the 2.4 GHz band unless the client is a laptop with 2.4 GHz disabled. In that case, the connection drops quickly.
  • ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
    EthanH said:

Since Lollipop landed the Nexus 5 and 10 have been able to connect to 5GHz signals without problems. In the commercial realm I connected both these devices to Ruckus Zoneflex, Cisco Aironet, and Juniper WLA APs. Home AC routers and APs (Linksys, et. al.) also connect without issue. The Xi-3 is different. It only wants to connect on the 2.4 GHz band unless the client is a laptop with 2.4 GHz disabled. In that case, the connection drops quickly.

I am guessing you might be using some international version since Google prevents most Nexus devices from working on DFS channels. Are you suggesting you can connect to channel 52-140 on Nexus 5?