Client Isolation

johanjohan Member Posts: 29
Hi

I understand that Client isolation is working on one AP, but what if you have 3 AP's.
Will client isolation also be working on a client fra AP#1 to another client on AP#3 ?

Comments

• ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
    johan said:

Hi

I understand that Client isolation is working on one AP, but what if you have 3 AP's.
    Will client isolation also be working on a client fra AP#1 to another client on AP#3 ?

Not today. The isolation feature is wireless to wireless clients on the same AP. We are working on a new feature that will prevent clients from communicating with anything other than the gateway. That's in process.
  • SpringsSprings Member Posts: 114
    Hold up.

With client isolation enabled... a client can still reach devices on the wired network or another AP?
  • ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
    Springs said:

Hold up.

With client isolation enabled... a client can still reach devices on the wired network or another AP?

Yes, its wireless client isolation from the same AP.
  • dikkekipdikkekip Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015

@ericsr said:
    Not today. The isolation feature is wireless to wireless clients on the same AP. We are working on a new feature that will prevent:> >clients from communicating with anything other than the gateway. That's in process.

When will this feature release, i need it on 6 Xi-2's ??

• grahamcolbournegrahamcolbourne Member Posts: 2

Hi all we have an issue where we have client isolation disabled yet if I try and connect / ping any machines on the wireless we can not access it, the machines can access the network fine but other machines on the network can not access the machines on the wireless. for example machine1 on wifi can ping machine2 on wired lan but machine2 on wired lan can not ping machne1 on wifi
    we have 3 ap's servicing the same wifi and all ap's have wireless isolation disabled.
    I've checked its not windows firewalls etc because if I connect machine1 to our old cisco wireless network I can ping it straight away.
    I'm assuming its the AP's are not routing the traffic but are there any other settings that I can check / change to resolve this?

Thanks