Firmware upgrade for Xi-2
I have several Xi-3 and Xi-2 and I decided to make last FW upgrade following steps below over SSH...
It worked fine and nice on Xi-3 but not on Xi-2.
All of them are on same network, same subnet and had same previous version 22.214.171.124.45.
I used both of direct IP 126.96.36.199" and "update.xclaimwireless.com"
Not possible to download firmware on Xi-2. Error message displays:
fw: Updating rcks_wlan.bkup ...
** firmware file not found ???
** missing file:
**fw(14667) : Get Error
What are my options...Please help
I done reboots many times in 2/5/10 minutes delay..But was not able to get any results as the picture also suggests.
STEPS I FOLOWED
_1. SSH into the AP using a terminal program like PuTTY at the preset IP address (username: xclaim-mfg default password: mfg-admin12 Password may be set to the password configured by you when setting up your Harmony app.)
2. type "fw set host 188.8.131.52" and hit enter
3. type "fw update" and hit enter
4. wait for reboot (the terminal program will disconnect, please wait approximately 2 minutes for the AP to boot back up.)
5. try the web interface at the preset IP address. If it comes up, you are done. If not, try to access it again through the SSH terminal program as listed in step 1 and type in the command "reboot"
6. after confirming that the web interface works, connect to the AP by SSH once again and login
7. type the command "fw set host update.xclaimwireless.com" and hit enter, then disconnect from the AP. Everything should be working properly again at this point. ___
LINKS I checked: