Splash Page?

mgrangermgranger Member Posts: 4
Working with a hotel and looking at putting in XClaim. Can I have the hotel's splash page come up upon connection? Thanks.

Comments

• ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
    mgranger said:

Working with a hotel and looking at putting in XClaim. Can I have the hotel's splash page come up upon connection? Thanks.

We do not offer a captive portal but you could VLAN a WLAN and handle the splash page that way.
  • mgrangermgranger Member Posts: 4
    ericsr said:

mgranger said:

We do not offer a captive portal but you could VLAN a WLAN and handle the splash page that way.
    Good deal. On that same setup, I'd like to give the hotel manager the ability to change the PWs once a week. We're placing 5 WAPs in their space. Would the manager have to change this PW on all 5 WAPs individually? or could they do it once for all 5 WAPs?

mgranger said:

ericsr said:

mgranger said:

Good deal. On that same setup, I'd like to give the hotel manager the ability to change the PWs once a week. We're placing 5 WAPs in their space. Would the manager have to change this PW on all 5 WAPs individually? or could they do it once for all 5 WAPs?

With the web interface you need to change on each AP. However, in the next few weeks the Harmony app will be updated and you can do this from it and it will apply to all. Good luck!
  • mgrangermgranger Member Posts: 4
    ericsr said:

mgranger said:

ericsr said:

mgranger said:

With the web interface you need to change on each AP. However, in the next few weeks the Harmony app will be updated and you can do this from it and it will apply to all. Good luck!
    Thanks Eric. Can we send you messages via this forum or post only? Our lead network tech may have further questions.
    mgranger said:

ericsr said:

mgranger said:

ericsr said:

mgranger said:

Thanks Eric. Can we send you messages via this forum or post only? Our lead network tech may have further questions.
    You can always private message people but generic questions certainly should be posted so others on the forum can help/benefit.
  • SpringsSprings Member Posts: 114
    A hotel?

Really?
  • JoelsPCJoelsPC Member Posts: 1

@Springs said:
    A hotel?

Really?

Does that sound odd to you?

• SpringsSprings Member Posts: 114

Yes it sounds odd.

But they again... why use the proper solution? I mean ZoneDirector + APs and it does all the above simply and WELL. Is even designed and proven in the exact usage???

Always overlook the obvious.

• aelibbyaelibby Member Posts: 72

I think it was less "overlook the obvious" than "the hotel did not want to pay the prices for the full Ruckus products". We find this all the time, that is why we have a lower tier option (which is not xclaim due to the lack of captive portal support).