Mounting Xo-1 to house

I have an Xo-1 on order, and I'm trying to figure out how to mount it to my house. It is going to replace a UniFi AC outdoor AP that is currently mounted to the wall at the corner of the house. My understanding though is that the Xo-1 should be mounted with the dome part facing down towards the ground if I want the largest coverage area. The tech specs only says pole or wall mount, but it is not clear to me what the pole mount looks like, but I assume the pole would go on the side opposite of the dome side. Would I be able to use say a TV antenna J mount to get the AP out a bit from the wall and face it down?

Comments

• ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457

I have an Xo-1 on order, and I'm trying to figure out how to mount it to my house. It is going to replace a UniFi AC outdoor AP that is currently mounted to the wall at the corner of the house. My understanding though is that the Xo-1 should be mounted with the dome part facing down towards the ground if I want the largest coverage area. The tech specs only says pole or wall mount, but it is not clear to me what the pole mount looks like, but I assume the pole would go on the side opposite of the dome side. Would I be able to use say a TV antenna J mount to get the AP out a bit from the wall and face it down?

Absolutely. Be creative. Dome down is the best orientation but certainly you will be restricted by your mounting options.