new account signup problem

datamedicdatamedic Member Posts: 17

Hello

im trying to register a new account for a client but allthough i get the message that account created succesfuly i cannot login and no email is send on the given email

if i try to reset password i get an error that account doesnt exit

Comments

• shriramrsshriramrs Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 207

Hello @datamedic,

There was a minor glitch which was identified and is resolved now.
    Can you please login to your account now and let us know?
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    Shriram

• datamedicdatamedic Member Posts: 17

nope still unable to login

should i try to reregister?

• taytenpoontaytenpoon Member Posts: 3

hello, I got the same issue.
    The new account could not login.
    And not able to reset the password.

• atekdataatekdata Member Posts: 2
    edited January 18

Hello!
    I have the same issue when signing up new accounts. Existing accounts can be accessed.
    And as above the password cannot be reset. If you try to register again the you cannot use the same name as it is already used.
    We create accounts with country setting "Sweden" as we are a Swedish reseller.

• rameshcrameshc Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 139

Hi,

Can you please share the email id which was used to create the account to [email protected] ?

Thanks
    Ramesh

• CBrownCBrown Member Posts: 24

Created a new account with password and recorded credentials on paper so I would not forget them.
    Cannot log into the account. The email used is tied to several other accounts and I don't want to reset the email account password because it would affect all these other accounts. It says the account exists but will not let me login. Account: AllegraMN email: [email protected]
    Please let me know what I have to do to create this account and then migrate a couple of APs from another account to this account.

Thanx for your help with this...

Charlie Brown

With respect to my post of Jan 19: Perhaps I have not understood the username/email address requirements of accounts. In my function as a consultant I have several accounts all with different usernames but all with the same email address so I can get the reports, notifications, etc. from all the accounts in my business email. However, it appears from the error messages that I am seeing, (Account with that email/username already exists. Please choose another email/username.) that there may now be a problem using the same email address with different accounts. Am I having a problem signing into the AllegraMN account because it has the same email address as my other accounts?

Your comments will be appreciated.

Charlie Brown

• rameshcrameshc Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 139

@CBrown said:
    Created a new account with password and recorded credentials on paper so I would not forget them.
    Cannot log into the account. The email used is tied to several other accounts and I don't want to reset the email account password because it would affect all these other accounts. It says the account exists but will not let me login. Account: AllegraMN email: [email protected]
    Please let me know what I have to do to create this account and then migrate a couple of APs from another account to this account.

Thanx for your help with this...

Charlie Brown

Hi Charlie,

We have enabled the account [email protected]

Thanks
    Ramesh

• atekdataatekdata Member Posts: 2

@CBrown said:
    With respect to my post of Jan 19: Perhaps I have not understood the username/email address requirements of accounts. In my function as a consultant I have several accounts all with different usernames but all with the same email address so I can get the reports, notifications, etc. from all the accounts in my business email. However, it appears from the error messages that I am seeing, (Account with that email/username already exists. Please choose another email/username.) that there may now be a problem using the same email address with different accounts. Am I having a problem signing into the AllegraMN account because it has the same email address as my other accounts?

Your comments will be appreciated.

Charlie Brown

We predicted that could be a problem in the future and have used individual email adresses for all accounts from day 1.
    And the same error occurs.

Anders J

Thank you for enabling whatever you enabled so that I can now log into AllegraMN.

OK, I am trying to clarify my understanding of how the profile entries are used:
    First Name: Doesn't matter...not checked during login
    Last Name: Doesn't matter...not checked during login
    Email Address: Checked during login. Must be different for each company
    Company: Checked during login. Each Company must be associated with a different email address

Can one email address be associated with different Companies? Such as when a consultant is supporting different companies and wants all the alerts, notifications from the different companies to come to the same email address?

Can you clarify this area or point me to an entry or document that explains how this is supposed to work?

Thanx,
    Charlie Brown