Xi-3AP LED solid RED, but passing traffic

Hi, my Xi-3 AP status LED is solid RED on. In Cloud Manager it shows as RED, if i try to Locate or Reboot from Cloud Manager nothing happens. I have seen this multiple times per day. What is the RED LED supposed to be telling me? Firmware version: 2.0.0.0.370

thanks
Mark

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi @mennamorato,

Solid RED indicates AP has lost connectivity to the Cloud Manager. This issue has been addressed in the upcoming AP firmware release slated to release mid of next week.

Thanks
    Ramesh

• mennamoratomennamorato Member Posts: 26

Ok this is almost totally ridiculous. I had to power cycle the Xi-3 now the LED is solid GREEN but Cloud Manager still shows it as RED.
    I am more of the opinion that CloudManager is virtually a worthless tool - not sure i would even call it a tool - that reports wrong information and gives little control.
    Can anyone in Ruckus explain what it means to have a SOLID RED status LED?

Power cycling finally got it back to GREEN... sure wish someone would reply about what is going on. So far I have lost much faith in this solution.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2015

Hi @mennamorato,

Upcoming AP and CloudManager release has lot of stability fixes which will addresses most of the customer concerns. We are listening to the customers and constantly improving our products.

Regards
    Ramesh

Hi @Ramesh,
    Thanks much for the information - will the new update next week be firmware for the AP or a CloudManager update or both? Do you have exact date?
    Mark

• dragon2611dragon2611 Member Posts: 38

@mennamorato said:
    Ok this is almost totally ridiculous. I had to power cycle the Xi-3 now the LED is solid GREEN but Cloud Manager still shows it as RED.
    I am more of the opinion that CloudManager is virtually a worthless tool - not sure i would even call it a tool - that reports wrong information and gives little control.
    Can anyone in Ruckus explain what it means to have a SOLID RED status LED?

Unless you are going to make a config change or need the reporting It's not really a major problem as the AP continues working on whatever settings it last received, usually if I leave mine long enough it reconnects eventually