AP Shows Offline

lineuplineup Member Posts: 10

One AP always shows offline - no difference with other same setting same switch - and clients can connect and get online.

Also any idea when we may see a better set of options for groups or even a map?

Ta

Help

Comments

• Hi @lineup,

Can you please share more details ? Was this AP shown online before ? What is the Firmware version of the AP which is shown offline ?

Thanks
    Ramesh

• lineuplineup Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2015

Was this AP shown online before ?
    It never shown a green dot as online however in 2 locations it has picked up an IP from DHCP and started broadcasting successfully.

What is the Firmware version of the AP which is shown offline ?
    Firmware version: 2.0.0.0.368

• Hi @lineup,

Look for my DM.

Thanks
    Ramesh

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2015

Hi @lineup,

I have sent you a Webex link. Can you please join ?

Thanks
    Ramesh

• transluxtranslux Member Posts: 5

Hello I'm having the same issue with a ap that was previously shown as online for a couple week.
    Shows active clients.
    Have remotely rebooted only. Had no plans to go onsite.
    Model Type: Xi-3

Thanks
    TL

• RCodeyRCodey Member Posts: 9

I have the same issue. I suspect my issue was a Captive Portal attempt. Our firewall onsite has Captive Portal Capacity, so I attempted to get it to work with the Access Point. I got the Captive Portal, to work, but noted that the Access Point LED had gone from green to red. Since I want to be able to use Cloud Manager, I disabled Captive Portal on the firewall. Access Point LED still stayed red. Rebooted Access Point twice, LED still stayed red (despite it having internet access). At that point I went to the firewall and turned off the Captive Portal entirely, not just disabling it. Still, the Access Point LED stayed red, even after multiple reboots. At that point I rebooted the firewall. The Access Point LED still stayed red.

I have to travel to this location to manually work on the Access Point, so I am trying to figure out a way to resolve this remotely. I don't think that is the case, however, and will probably after travel to the store to resolve this.

As long as that red light is on, internet access via the AP is fine but Cloud Manager does not pick up the AP.

Model Type: Xi-3

I suspect I may have to go to the location and do a factory reset, but I'm really trying to avoid that. Any input would be appreciated.

• Hi @RCodey

As far as NTP port (UDP 123), SSL Port (TCP 443) and ICMP port are not blocked AP should come back online. Can you ask someone from the site to reboot the AP ?

Thanks
    Ramesh

The chance of having one of these salespeople do something as complex as unplugging a LAN cable (POE) and replugging it back into the POE port is slim to none. It's a 20 minute walk to the store. I'm going to go there after lunch and give it a try and if that fails I will take a look that the ports aren't being blocked on the firewall. I will post the results. Thank you, Ramesh.

I did call my firewall support team and we looked at the sessions coming from the AP. For some reason, the AP is trying to connect to the firewall at port 68. As my firewall support team stated, we (the firewall) would never do anything with that traffic. And we did set the IP address of the AP to bypass the firewall completely, and still no connection with Cloud Manager. Just a bit more information before I reboot the AP in about an hour or two....

• Hi @RCodey,

Port 68 is DHCP traffic. Is there is a DHCP server in your network ?

Thanks
    Ramesh

The firewall acts as a DHCP server. That's what I told our firewall support team. That's almost certainly the device picking up the IP address from the firewall.

I came in this morning to reboot the AP. It was flashing red (no internet or access to Cloud Manager). I performed a reset (unplugged POE LAN cable, replugged). It now has internet but no connection to the Cloud Manager (solid red LED). I am desperate to avoid a Factory Reset, but will do what needs to be done. Ultimately, we'd like to get these AP's throughout all of our stores in the continental United States, and doing a Factory Reset with the salespeople at our stores performing the steps is not an option. I would have to send a local tech to stores. I am currently testing this at our Flagship Store, which is a 20 block walk. If we can work out the kinks on this, it would go a long way to me being able to purchase more of these for all of our stores.

If it helps, I logged into our Firewall/DHCP and took a look at the sessions for the AP IP address. I have attached a screenshot. There is only one session from the AP. Client IP is the firewall, server IP is the AP (I have blacked out both):

• Hi @RCodey,

Is it possible to provide me a remote access to the AP ?

Thanks
    Ramesh

Absolutely. Let me know what needs to be done to get you remote access. FYI: The AP has been going down once an hour this morning, which I took to mean it is unable to refresh it's IP address periodically from the DHCP server. I have it currently set to a static IP address, because I want to make sure the wireless doesn't go down on the weekend. That can be changed at any point. I will stay here at the store for another 30 minutes to give you a chance to respond, at which time I will need to return to our office.

• Hi @RCodey,

Can you please send me your contact details to [email protected] ? I can setup a Webex now.

Thanks
    Ramesh

The issue was our switch. I reset the network and QOS switch and it resolved the issue...this is for any future users who may have a similar issue.