Help..!

Currently I am trying to configure the last two XClaim AP's I got. One XI-3 AP I have here doesn't seem to update to new firmware version. I can see it in the IP scanner but can not reach it with the web page. I rebooted it about 10 times. Does not work. The harmony client also does not see it. Wat can I do?

Comments

• BasKBasK Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2015
    And now the whole Ipad is crashing again with the Harmony app.. Still can not reach the XI-3 AP at the web page with my macbook also. The AP needs to be installed tomorrow at the customer/end user. Last time took me hours to configure 3 AP's. Now I configured one in 1 minute, but the other one is not reachable. My experience with the 5 XClaim I got here, garbage....garbage...garbage.... This has cost me al lot of time, stress and money
    already.
    I will connect the AP to internet all night and pray it will be updated in the morning. Praying is what you do a lot with XClaim hardware in my experience.
    AAAAAAAAAAA....! After about 4 hours it's finally reachable.......!!!!!!!!! Thank god.......
  • vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,063
    BasK said:

Currently I am trying to configure the last two XClaim AP's I got. One XI-3 AP I have here doesn't seem to update to new firmware version. I can see it in the IP scanner but can not reach it with the web page. I rebooted it about 10 times. Does not work. The harmony client also does not see it. Wat can I do?

Hello BasK,

Sorry to hear about your troubles . Glad to hear that it's working now.

Just to clarify, when you turned on the AP and connected to "xclaim-setup" from your laptop, can you confirm if you were able to ping the AP's IP address continuously ? Were you noticing any packet drops? The AP's channelfly algorithm does take a while to settle down after finding the optimal channel in the spectrum , which could cause aggressive channel changes initially leading to client disconnections in the beginning.

Also, were you able to successfully upgrade the AP?

Please let us know if you run into this again for us to help resolve this.

Regards,
    Vybhav
    I did not connect wireless to "claim-setup" but with a cable. I could ping the device, i could see it in the scanner. But when trying to reach the web page it does not open. I had the same troubles last time with three XI-3's. After rebooting tens of times they were finally able to be configured with the web page.

This time one of the AP was able to open the web page after powering the AP directly. But the other one took me hours...
  • JunanJunan Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem
    I am trying to setup one Xi-3 AP at home.
    The subnet is 192.168.20.X.
    I can use my iPhone to access "claim-setup" and browse webpages, but I cannot find the AP in the harmony APP.
    I can ping the AP, but cannot access the AP via web interface and SSH.
    I have reset the AP and re-installed the APP many times.
    The problem persists.

Please advise.
  • Can you try hard resetting the AP. There is a hard reset pin hole on the back near the ethernet port. The unit must be powered up (give it a min to make sure) and then you PRESS AND HOLD for 8 seconds.

Thanks
    Ramesh
  • vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,063
    Junan said:

I have the same problem
    I am trying to setup one Xi-3 AP at home.
    The subnet is 192.168.20.X.
    I can use my iPhone to access "claim-setup" and browse webpages, but I cannot find the AP in the harmony APP.
    I can ping the AP, but cannot access the AP via web interface and SSH.
    I have reset the AP and re-installed the APP many times.
    The problem persists.

Please advise.

Hello Junan,

Sorry to hear you are having issues. I have a few questions that would help me understand the issue better:

1) I am assuming that the AP is fetching an IP address from your local DHCP server and you are looking into the DHCP server to find the IP address of the AP?
    2) When performing an SSH to said AP, are you able to get a login prompt or no response at all?
    3) Have you tried connecting to the AP from your Wi-Fi client or a wired client?
    4) If it is still not working, please ensure that the AP can reach the internet and perform a HARD reset as mentioned in the earlier comment and let us know if you are still facing the issue. Performing a hard reset will ensure that your AP upgrades to the latest Xi-3 software version, which should have a working Web-GUI.

Regards,
    Vybhav