Activated new AP, but not seen in WiFi choices

I just activated our 1st AP, but it is not listed on any device we have in the office. Any thoughts?

Comments

• ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457

I just activated our 1st AP, but it is not listed on any device we have in the office. Any thoughts?

Can you access the web interface?
  • SpringsSprings Member Posts: 114
    Chicken and egg thing there right? Wouldn't you have needed to get into the AP, to get it to update to the firmware that has a web interface?
    Springs said:

Chicken and egg thing there right? Wouldn't you have needed to get into the AP, to get it to update to the firmware that has a web interface?

Nope. You could just connect the AP, it would upgrade and you could reboot it to activate the new firmware.
  • mhm7mhm7 Member Posts: 1
    We had / have similar problems. Setup the AP, it asked to update so we did. Then wanted to start again as it wasnt been seen in the harmony app. Luckily knew the IP so web admin worked. Left as test (didnt set static IP yet !). Now it sees the AP and the old number but cant connect cant scan for any new ones. App also seems to crash a lot while trying to get this sorted. Tried on iPad cant see anything - App crashes.
    Went back to web admin but its on a different DHCP now so will try and fin sit get set on static.
    Even after 2 full resets it didnt work perfectly each time and was difficult to find / use.
    mhm7 said:

We had / have similar problems. Setup the AP, it asked to update so we did. Then wanted to start again as it wasnt been seen in the harmony app. Luckily knew the IP so web admin worked. Left as test (didnt set static IP yet !). Now it sees the AP and the old number but cant connect cant scan for any new ones. App also seems to crash a lot while trying to get this sorted. Tried on iPad cant see anything - App crashes.
    Went back to web admin but its on a different DHCP now so will try and fin sit get set on static.
    Even after 2 full resets it didnt work perfectly each time and was difficult to find / use.

Sorry about your issues. I have been very candid and transparent about the work we are doing to resolve the issues with Harmony. We put together a really straight forward web interface to solve almost all the issues people were reporting. I would suggest using the web interface until our next release of Harmony. Thanks for your patience.

Eric
  • BasKBasK Member Posts: 11
    And what the hell am I supposed to do when harmony doesn't find the AP, harmony crashes all the time, and the web page of the AP is nog reachable, the AP does not seem to have updated after about 50 reboots and resets...... I can see the IP adres and mac in the scanner but cannot reach it. I look like an idiot for using XClaim. My clients will laugh at me for not being able to install a solution tommorow.