Deauth in Cloud v1.2

MohsinMohsin Member Posts: 6
edited December 2015 in What's New

Dear Support

Can you put some light on how the Deauth is suppose to work.

After updating the MAC filter list(Blacklist), the client is automatically disconnected. So where does Deauth comes into play?

Regards,
Mohsin

Comments

• Hi @Mohsin,

Blacklisting the client will not disconnect the already connected client devices. If you would like to block a client devices which is already connected, add the client device to the black list and do a Deauth.

Hope this answers your query.

Thanks
    Ramesh

• MohsinMohsin Member Posts: 6

Hi Ramesh

That's what I thought too but its not working as expected. To make sure I am following the correct procedure to test let me list the steps.

Steps:
    1) Make a MAC filter profile(device A MAC address is included) and attach it to a WLAN. Blacklist it.
    2) Connect device B to the WLAN.
    3) Add device B to the MAC filter list created in step 1.

Expected Results:
    1) MAC profile list is created and attached to WLAN. Device A is blacklisted and could not connect to the WLAN.
    2) Device B is connected to WLAN.
    3) After step 3, device B stays connected and Deauth needs to be done to disconnect device B.

Actual Results:
    1) MAC profile list is created and attached to WLAN. Device A is blacklisted and could not connect to the WLAN.
    2) Device B is connected to WLAN.
    3) After step 3, device B is disconnected immediately and Deauth is not needed to kick out device B.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood the procedure?

Thanks,
    Mohsin

• MohsinMohsin Member Posts: 6

Dear Ramesh,

Any update on this?

Thanks,
    Mohsin

• Hi @Mohsin,

Sorry for the delay. Yes we are seeing the same behavior as mentioned in the expected results. Will discuss with the architecture team and get back to you.

Thanks
    Ramesh

• ketannaikketannaik Member Posts: 1

@Mohsin i was facing the same issue. Did you manage to find a solution?