15 Tablet Devices, only 1 spatial stream - 65mbps, dual band. What is my best option?

Hi all i was looking at both the X1 and X2 but don't know which would suit my needs best.

I must install an access point on a trolley containing 15 android tablet devices. The devices have a max link speed of 65mbps so am assuming they only support 1 spatial stream due to the WI-FI on the devices. The establishment already have a 2.4GHZ wireless system but want to run this access point on 5Ghz only and to be used just for these tablet devices.

Am i correct in saying the X2 will not make any difference compared to the X1 because of this?
what would be the link speed achieved on each device because of this? Would it be 54mbps/15?

Many thanks,

AJ

Comments

• ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457

Hi all i was looking at both the X1 and X2 but don't know which would suit my needs best.

I must install an access point on a trolley containing 15 android tablet devices. The devices have a max link speed of 65mbps so am assuming they only support 1 spatial stream due to the WI-FI on the devices. The establishment already have a 2.4GHZ wireless system but want to run this access point on 5Ghz only and to be used just for these tablet devices.

Am i correct in saying the X2 will not make any difference compared to the X1 because of this?
    what would be the link speed achieved on each device because of this? Would it be 54mbps/15?

Many thanks,

AJ

If you ONLY want 5GHz and these clients are not going to be replaced anytime soon, then you could save some cash by going with the Xi-1 and selecting 5GHz. Xi-1 and Xi-2 offer 2 streams but Xi-1 is only a single radio at a time. Hope this helps.
  • dan_computerxdan_computerx Member Posts: 26
    The Xi-1 with 2.4 GHZ off would also mean that the SSID is not broadcast on 2.4GHz. That means that band steering isn't an issue. You just lose the ability to have both bands in use at some point down the road. Money saved now vs. flexibility later.

(I think. I haven't seen an Xi-1 in person.)