Harmony keeps crashing

meedermeeder Member Posts: 11

I used harmony to setup my Xi-3 and after that I made some tweaks using the built in web interface.
When I start Harmony now it keeps crashing after I enter the password.

Comments

• Hi @meeder,

Sorry that you are facing issue with Harmony. Can you please try CloudManager (https://cloud.xclaimwireless.com/) and free cloud based management solution for managing Xclaim AP's ?

Regards
    Ramesh

• meedermeeder Member Posts: 11

Since I would have to reset the device and reconfigure it again I can´t try cloudmanager. The moment it is possible to move a device as is to cloudmanager without having to revert to factory defaults I will try cloudmanager.
    I did try cloudmanager when I got the device but it strangely resulted in very unstable wifi connections... After reverting back to harmony everything works better but suddenly harmony stopped working. I also had trouble getting the device to accept another country for channel selection then the US.

• Hi @meeder,

It is not possible to move the configuration from Harmony to CloudManager without doing factory reset on the AP. CloudManager is the management tool which should not have any behavioral changes on the AP. Let me know If you need any assistance migrating to CloudManager.

Thanks
    Ramesh

I want local administration to work. But judging your reacting I am suspecting that you are close to dropping all support on local administration and we will all be forced to move to cloudmanager? When I move to cloudmanager and my internet connection is down, how can I manage the AP at that moment? It is not used for internet access only, it is also used for internal network purposes.

• Hi @meeder,

All the upcoming features will be supported only in the CloudManager. You can use the AP Web UI to configure the AP If the AP is managed locally.

Thanks
    Ramesh

Well I switched to cloudmanager and the WiFi stability is completely terrible with the same settings that worked when configured through Harmony and the local web access.
    The Xi-3 is starting to look like a waste of a lot of money :(

• Hi @meeder,

CloudManager is just a management tool for Xclaim AP's. Performance should be same whether the AP is managed locally or through CloudManager.
    Can you please share more details on the issue you are facing ?

Thanks
    Ramesh

Well I have been running two SSID's, one for the 2.4 and one for the 5GHz band. The 2.4GHz is set at 20MHz bandwith (since 40 doesn't work with this AP and it did with my old AP) and is fixed to channel 6. This is working reasonably stable but since I have to use it at 20MHz bandwith the throughput is not that great. I don't know why the devices here in our house did properly work with the old AP with a 40MHz bandwith and not with the Xclaim.
    This isn't the biggest issue however.
    When I set the device up with Harmony and then make some changes through the local web access (Harmony doesn't set the correct country for the allowed channels) the 5GHz SSID works perfectly when set to auto channel and a 80MHz bandwith. When using Cloudmanager the 5GHz SSID seems to turn on and off constantly.

• Hi @meeder,

Xclaim AP's can be managed either locally (AP Web UI and Harmony) or through CloudManager. Can you try set some static channel on the 5 Ghz through CM and let me know If you are still facing the issue.

Thanks
    Ramesh