Problem connecting to AP after configuration from iPhone

2»

Comments

• sx9090sx9090 Member Posts: 16
    You should be able to login over ssh even if it hasn't updated. Use the username is xclaim-mfg and the password should be whatever you set it to in the IOS app. From that point "fw update" should pull the new firmware. Reboot, and you should have a web interface. If it's all working, issue an "fw update" from the CLI one more time, reboot again, and you should be good to go.
  • TerryTerry Member Posts: 18
    I've got to say that this app is driving me crazy - POS comes to mind. I'm getting the same "can't connect" problem. I set up the device, an X-i3, and configured it. While the first radio was updating it's firmware my phone rang. (It is a phone app right? You must have anticipated this.) After that, as described above, I couldn't connect. Reset it, re-downloaded the app, blah, blah, blah, and I still can't connect.
    The AP is working, so my customer is happy, but I'm worried. At this point I have no confidence that I will be able to get back in to the 7 or 8 AP's I've installed so far. How are we supposed to service these in the future? If we keep deleting and reinstalling the app? Never mind cool cloud features and remote administration, how about when I'm standing there two feet away from the AP? What if a customer wants me to simply reset a password or the SSID?
    Terry
  • Terry,
    Sorry that you are facing problem with the APP. If you running the latest version of AP software (47)you can login into the WEB UI of the AP to reset the password or the SSID. Relief is coming soon for the APP issues.
  • ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
    Terry said:

I've got to say that this app is driving me crazy - POS comes to mind. I'm getting the same "can't connect" problem. I set up the device, an X-i3, and configured it. While the first radio was updating it's firmware my phone rang. (It is a phone app right? You must have anticipated this.) After that, as described above, I couldn't connect. Reset it, re-downloaded the app, blah, blah, blah, and I still can't connect.
    The AP is working, so my customer is happy, but I'm worried. At this point I have no confidence that I will be able to get back in to the 7 or 8 AP's I've installed so far. How are we supposed to service these in the future? If we keep deleting and reinstalling the app? Never mind cool cloud features and remote administration, how about when I'm standing there two feet away from the AP? What if a customer wants me to simply reset a password or the SSID?
    Terry

Terry, I agree there is some work to be done. In the meantime, go use the Web UI (build 47 made available last week) to get things done. In early January we have some significant improvements coming to iOS and Android.

Eric
  • TerryTerry Member Posts: 18
    Sounds good, I'm looking forward to it! You guys seem to be listening and working hard.

Let me clarify my wish list. I guess I could live with all of the stated limitations - configuring devices one at a time, no remote administration, etc. I don't like these restrictions but the AP's really do work well once they're set up. That said, there has to be a reliable, no BS way to access these devices when I'm on site. In my opinion the password should to be on each AP rather than on the app. It looks to me like the AP is somehow bonded to a particular app and network. Is that accurate? How are we supposed to regain access to an AP we installed last month or last year?

Terry