New builds ready for AP's 2.1.0.0.57

Product : Xclaim Xi-1/2/3 and Xo-1
Build : 2.1.0.0.57 (CURRENT RELEASE)
Release Date : 10/30/2015

• Fix for AP showing offline in CloudManager
  • Performance improvements
  • AP Firmware support for upcoming features ( Supported features will be announced in a weeks time)
  • Minor bug fixes

Comments

• rhutch99rhutch99 Member Posts: 16
    I updated my APs and now I can't log into my cloud manager account. It says I don't have a valid API key? 
  • TerryTerry Member Posts: 18

Man I'm trying to be a team player here, but it feels like one thing after another. I'm having the same issue. What is a "valid API key"?

• Hi @Terry,

We are looking into it. Give us few minutes ....

Thanks
    Ramesh

• Hi @Terry,

Issue is rectified now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards
    Ramesh

• rhutch99rhutch99 Member Posts: 16
    Issue with authentication service? Who provides that? 
  • vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,064

@rhutch99 It was an issue with a bug that we hit due to the changes , which affected authentication . Regret the inconvenience caused.

• wiseguywiseguy Member Posts: 8

I would say that XClaim is not an easy Wi-Fi solution for non-IT persons, it's more a toy for IT Pro. It actually requires much more attention from IT people than most cheap Wi-Fi box (which has more features, by the way). A lot of work is ahead for XClaim to become what it claims to be.

Idea was to use great enterprise Ruckus AP hardware to make by far superior SMB AP, but it obviously doesn't work because firmware is so buggy (and too much features have been dropped). Hardware looks exactly the same as enterprise ZF7321, R300, R500, T300 APs, even PCB board numbers are identical, so all problems must be with firmware.
    Still, idea with very limited features may work as planned, if this minimalistic fatures would work perfectly, providing just very high performance with rock-stable connectivity. Unfortunately, it is not the case.
    Currently it is not possible to recommend this product to consumers, because it still doesn't work as expected, it looks to be in beta-testing stage.

For example, during last months it mostly shown my 4 test APs as off-line, even so they worked normally, and Cloudemanager even displayed connected clients and statistics (in the same time showing APs as off-line).
    Today I found that there is a new firmware, which must fix this issue, and tried to upgrade. It didn't worked (as APs are shown off-line), so I rebooted (didn't help) and than factory reset AP at my home to initiate upgrade. It was than cycling going to green a light for couple of minutes and back to red, rebooting. I suppose upgrade failed.
    Now, after second factory reset, Xi-3 is permanently green and seems to work. Still off-line in Cloudemanager, and showing older firmware version. No access to GUI or SSH, because it is connected to Cloudemanager...
    I don't mention different connectivity and feature problems, they have been discussed on forum enough.
    But be open, would you recommend xClaim to your customers? Don't think so, not yet...
    It's a pity, all other Ruckus products never had such amount of problems and bugs, may be not enough resources ar eallocated to the project development? Unfortunately, it takes a big effort to make a great product, and minimalistic design is usually even more difficult to work on...

Anyway I spent enough time today troubleshooting, let's wait and see, may be tomorrow everything will just work?
    Regards

Hello @wiseguy ,

Sorry to hear you have been facing issues with the upgrade. Can we have a meeting and debug this issue? If yes, please DM a convenient time and date to me.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• KO2SDHKO2SDH Member Posts: 3

I updated the AP's with the "UPGRADE ALL" button from the Cloudmanager.
    Cloudmanager says al the AP's are Online. But when you click on the AP the firmware/ipadres stays "UNKNOWN". None of the AP are status HEALTHY :neutral: Reboot the AP from the cloudmanager makes no difference..

1.jpg 40.4K
    2.jpg 28.3K
  • KO2SDHKO2SDH Member Posts: 3

In my opinion, there's something wrong with Cloud Manager. I've connected a new Xi-2 with older firmware. I can create and add new networks to that AP and it's works fine. But in the cloudmanager when i click on the AP it still said UNKNOWN.

edited November 2015

Hello @KO2SDH ,

Can you please send us your login deatils (username,password) via email to . We will look into this issue ASAP.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• szsszs Member Posts: 4

Still have problems. 3 Xi-2 upgraded with firmware 2.1.0.0.57, they appear to work but not sure because most of the times 1 or 2 are offline in CloudManager (if I ping them locally they seem OK, that is why I need ssh with at least read access to have more info), not pretty to show to our customers.

Hello @szs,

Can we have a meeting to debug this? If yes, please mention a convenient time and date and send it to me via Direct Message.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• wiseguywiseguy Member Posts: 8

Hello all,
    I want to say that there is a bit too much bugs in XClaim production builds. They are really killing potentially very nice product...
    Just last example -- latest firmware (2.1.00.57) was thought to fix some issues (cloudmanager not showing APs online was mentioned). Unfortunately, this new build haven't fixed the problem for me, but instead introduced new bugs. After this upgrade some APs are unable to connect to Cloudmanager at all, but connected have issues with client connectivity.
    I have some XClaim in operation to monitor progress with product -- I don't see it ready for production use yet.

1. I see systematic problem on Xo-1 AP with some clients (for example -- laptop with Intel 4965 adapter) loses connectivity after some 3-12 hours. When connectivity is lost, XClaim SSID isn't listed for connection (it can connect to any other wi-fi network in the same time). AP reboot resolves problem for some period of time. With previous firmware version (2.0.x.x) it worked without any issues (but Cloudmanger has shown AP status as off-line, even so it was reporting connected clients... Serial is 501494401963, if you want to look in it.

2. After upgrade Xi-3 isn't shown as on-line, and can't be managed, even if deleted, factory reset and added again.

3. I created AP name as "Outdoor test" in some of the early versions of Cloudmanager, and it was handled OK, Now it can't make any changes in AP configuration, when try to dsave them Cloudmanager say that name has illegal characters. There is no way to change AP name, and I am afraid that if I delete AP to add it again, it will not work at all (as my Xi-3), and I have no time now to spend troubleshooting it.

So I am waiting for next builds -- still hope to see great product XClaim was planned to be... I would be happy to provide info to XClaim engineer to look in the issues.

Regards,
    EP

• Hi @wiseguy,

Sorry that you are facing issues. Can you please let us know the convenient date and time to debug this ?

Regards
    Ramesh

• clannadclannad Member Posts: 4

Hello iam from Holland i have troubles with the Cloudmanager accespoints i use 40 in total, most of them Xi2 and Xo1 some show ofline en they work ok but i can't upgrade them special the Xo1 ? even a reset don't work, i need help fast!!! because my customers don't like it. i wanna do a whole city with Xclaim about 60 Xo1 so i need help soon thanks

edited November 2015

my email is and my name is Frank Schothuis

Ramesh Thanks for you're Help.

Regards Frank Schothuis The Netherlands

• colindbcolindb Member Posts: 3

I received an e mail regarding upgrading my AP and progressed this today.

We have 1 Xclaim AP on trial in our office.

First issue, the upgrade button has not appeared on the portal against our single AP, however I pressed "upgradeall". My AP now shows "unknown" firmware version after some time waiting, without any indication it was being upgraded, also after several reboots and switching off etc.

However, when downloading a AP report, this does show that the AP has been updated to the latest firmware 2.1.0.0.57 .

The AP seems to be working ok, but the firmware updating process does not give me much confidence! If I had a commercial site with several 10s or 100s of APs, I would feel a bit concerned about if the process had completed OK!

Colin

Hello @colindb ,

Thank you for reaching out. We have a new CloudManager version that is being released in about 2 weeks time. The issue that you are facing should be resolved once that is released. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• dragon2611dragon2611 Member Posts: 38
    edited November 2015

@vybhavram said:
    Hello @KO2SDH ,

Can you please send us your login deatils (username,password) via email to . We will look into this issue ASAP.

Regards,
    Vybhav

Seriously? Did you just ask someone to disclose both their username AND their password over an inherently insecure communications medium.

Sorry but what?

The username I could kinda of understand so you can identify the account but surely you should be able to see the settings.etc from the backend system and not require the user to disclose their password.

Heck even resetting the users password to a temporary password is a better solution than this.

Hello @dragon2611 ,

Only in certain rare conditions, viewing the user's CloudManager account directly is a good tool to understand what the customer is facing. This is only in special cases , like for example where we suspect a display issue with CloudManager.

We always recommend that the users set the password to some dummy value before they send it to us. Once we check things out, they could always change the password back to their original password.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• colindbcolindb Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2015

Hi Vybhav

Thank you for your quick reponse.

As advised the system does seem to be working ok, although still shows unknown firmware version number etc.

I am happy to wait for the new cloud manager version. Are you able to advise on the new planned features?

Also to advise, we have just received an x0-1 (outdoor) AC AP and am very impressed with the build quality. We will be testing this in the next few days.

Regards

Colin

• jbeckerjbecker Member Posts: 5

I have several years of experience with Ruckus products and have ALWAYS been impressed, as have my clients. I have worked for several hours through the setup guide on one of three test units to no avail. Either through the web portal or the harmony app the AP cannot be found, will not connect and will not update. Please let me know what other steps can possibly be taken! I have faith in Ruckus, but this has been a horrible failure thus far - and it looks as though I'm not the only one...

• Hi @jbecker,

Sorry that you are facing issue. Can you please let me your comfortable date and time to set up a remote session to understand your issue better ?

Regards
    Ramesh