Top 5 features feedback

ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
edited November 2014 in Harmony
Please go here and take a quick 1 min survey to help us with some upcoming releases. Please provide details surrounding your comments. If its great, tell us why. If it sucks, tell us why. We cannot improve unless you give feedback.

Harmony Features Survey

Comments

• ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
    All,

I see some positive and negative comments and I appreciate the honesty. However, if you have a problem, please let us know. I am not going to start spamming the email addresses I got, so unless you reach out to me (via public post or private message) I will assume its not that important.

Also, I have added an option to say whether or not you want us to email you about this. The default is NO.

Thanks

Eric
  • wiseguywiseguy Member Posts: 8
    I like enormously how you work on Xclaim improvement - it is so different from other vendors. And it looks so obvious -- to ask users what to improve and what is the problem, but nobody does it. Everybody compares Xclaim with U devices, and I just hope that you stay different and grow big.
    But for the starters, use what you have already, not start from the scratch -- you have very good hardware and all features of standalone Ruckus AP at your disposal, so don't make XClaim so limited. Let it be real Small Business, but best in class, as all Ruckus...

It seems obvious, that at some moment there will be proposal of cloud management for Xclaim APs, and at that moment you'll want to have as big installed base, as possible -- so give us such standard features as Radius authentication and splash page already now... Than need for cloud than will be natural.
    By the way, I thought that 802.1x support is mandatory requirement of Wi-Fi certification -- and I have never seen any AP, which doesn't support it, so, please, bring it back (as it is in the device anyway, just stripped out artificially).
    In FW 1.0.0.47 look of WEB management interface is identical to ZoneFlex standalone AP, which is a good idea. Why to reinvent a wheel? Router and DHCP features are removed, unfortunately, they would be very handy for really small clients (1x AP, no router), but it is not so critical.
    By the way, Harmony could have 2 interface setting or even versions - simple and advanced, with advanced based on web interface features, or even just opening web, this will make happy both light users and service people - at least it looks so for me. Personally me after first set-up I tried to get SSH connection to AP, as I always prefer to get WEB or CLI interface, not limited.
    Waiting for next update -- device is already much better than initial release, just need some more features and it will be brilliant.
    - Best wishes in the work!
    wiseguy said:

I like enormously how you work on Xclaim improvement - it is so different from other vendors. And it looks so obvious -- to ask users what to improve and what is the problem, but nobody does it. Everybody compares Xclaim with U devices, and I just hope that you stay different and grow big.
    But for the starters, use what you have already, not start from the scratch -- you have very good hardware and all features of standalone Ruckus AP at your disposal, so don't make XClaim so limited. Let it be real Small Business, but best in class, as all Ruckus...

It seems obvious, that at some moment there will be proposal of cloud management for Xclaim APs, and at that moment you'll want to have as big installed base, as possible -- so give us such standard features as Radius authentication and splash page already now... Than need for cloud than will be natural.
    By the way, I thought that 802.1x support is mandatory requirement of Wi-Fi certification -- and I have never seen any AP, which doesn't support it, so, please, bring it back (as it is in the device anyway, just stripped out artificially).
    In FW 1.0.0.47 look of WEB management interface is identical to ZoneFlex standalone AP, which is a good idea. Why to reinvent a wheel? Router and DHCP features are removed, unfortunately, they would be very handy for really small clients (1x AP, no router), but it is not so critical.
    By the way, Harmony could have 2 interface setting or even versions - simple and advanced, with advanced based on web interface features, or even just opening web, this will make happy both light users and service people - at least it looks so for me. Personally me after first set-up I tried to get SSH connection to AP, as I always prefer to get WEB or CLI interface, not limited.
    Waiting for next update -- device is already much better than initial release, just need some more features and it will be brilliant.
    - Best wishes in the work!

Appreciate the feedback and support. We are working to provide a simple, reliable, and affordable solution to the forgotten small businesses.

For reference, 802.1X is not required for certification as its an external authentication that usually has some unwanted complexities for small business.

Eric
  • ilmaggioilmaggio Member Posts: 18
    Hi,
    what about to allow users to choose to keep 5Ghz Auto Channel but not to use DFS channels so that to avoid issue with buggy 5Ghz devices ?

Regards
    Carlo
    ilmaggio said:

Hi,
    what about to allow users to choose to keep 5Ghz Auto Channel but not to use DFS channels so that to avoid issue with buggy 5Ghz devices ?

Regards
    Carlo

Thats something we are looking at but for now the only option is manual channel selection.
  • wiseguywiseguy Member Posts: 8
    I don't see why all features of standalone Zoneflex AP can't be provided -- it would be much easier and better point to start. For market segmentation lack of Beamflex and controllers support is enough. It anyway already migrates in this direction...
    But at least Radius authentication and WISPR (spalsh page) authentication must be added -- they are supported on about any existing device, from 20 USD router.
    Actually, I thought that Radius authentication support is mandatory part of Wi-Fi certification -- it isn't clear for me how XClaim managed to be certified without 802.11i support? Or may be it is not certified yet? There is no Wi-Fi alliance logo on XClaim AP packing... I actually don't care about it, as it will work well anyway, but just curious...
    wiseguy said:

I don't see why all features of standalone Zoneflex AP can't be provided -- it would be much easier and better point to start. For market segmentation lack of Beamflex and controllers support is enough. It anyway already migrates in this direction...
    But at least Radius authentication and WISPR (spalsh page) authentication must be added -- they are supported on about any existing device, from 20 USD router.
    Actually, I thought that Radius authentication support is mandatory part of Wi-Fi certification -- it isn't clear for me how XClaim managed to be certified without 802.11i support? Or may be it is not certified yet? There is no Wi-Fi alliance logo on XClaim AP packing... I actually don't care about it, as it will work well anyway, but just curious...

This is not ZoneFlex and we don't want there to be confusion. WFA cert does not require .1X. I would also argue that there are very few small businesses that need or could even support .1X. Its certainly something we can add in the future.

Thanks!
  • DAVIDBARROWDAVIDBARROW Member Posts: 25

I imagine you are aware of it, but the iPad version does not auto rotate as the iPad it rotated.

Some of my connected clients have names displayed but some do not and some of the sakes are not ones that I can find of the device itself. Where do you get these names from?

• Hi @DAVIDBARROW,

We do a fingerprinting on each device to fetch the names. Can you please let us know the devices for which you don't see the name ?

Thanks
    Ramesh

I have three Neat AirStream AirPlay receivers, my iPhone and two iPads that do not have names. My Dell PC, Apple TV, and Elois4you renewable meter do have names.