Web interface auto-logs in

After setting up my Xi-3 .. whenever I visit the web interface (by browsing to the IP), it starts with me logged in automatically. If I logout, it will ask me to login, but if I open a fresh browser and hit the IP, it autologs me in again. This doesn't happen when I hit the IP from my phone. I tried factory resetting the device and setting it up again, but I still have the same behaviour. Is this expected?

Comments

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,051

Hello @phils ,

This could be an issue with the browser. your browser might be storing your username,password for you. Can you try logging into the AP using another web browser and see if you are facing this issue?

Regards,
    Vybahv

• philsphils Member Posts: 6

Hi Vybahv. Nope, even if I open a private browsing window in firefox, and visit the IP, it auto logs me in. (also happens if I use another browser)

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,051

Hello @phils,

Unless you've already logged in, opening a new tab and opening the Web UI should not auto-login ,especially after logout. I'm not quite sure why this issue is occurring.

On a separate note, have you given CLoudManager a try? It is our free cloud based AP management solution. I would recommend you to migrate from AP Web UI to CLoudManager.

Regards,
    Vybhav