"Some" Nexus (Android) devices do NOT support DFS (5GHz channels from 52-140)

ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
See admission from Google that its a known problem

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=59502

Comments

• MatMat Member Posts: 6
    I can verify this as I have a Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 2013. I wish they would fix this.

Mat
  • ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
    Mat said:

I can verify this as I have a Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 2013. I wish they would fix this.

Mat

They apparently don't want to deal with certification.
  • EthanHEthanH Member Posts: 8
    Since Lollipop landed the Nexus 5 and 10 have been able to connect to 5GHz signals without problems. In the commercial realm I connected both these devices to Ruckus Zoneflex, Cisco Aironet, and Juniper WLA APs. Home AC routers and APs (Linksys, et. al.) also connect without issue. The Xi-3 is different. It only wants to connect on the 2.4 GHz band unless the client is a laptop with 2.4 GHz disabled. In that case, the connection drops quickly.
  • ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
    EthanH said:

Since Lollipop landed the Nexus 5 and 10 have been able to connect to 5GHz signals without problems. In the commercial realm I connected both these devices to Ruckus Zoneflex, Cisco Aironet, and Juniper WLA APs. Home AC routers and APs (Linksys, et. al.) also connect without issue. The Xi-3 is different. It only wants to connect on the 2.4 GHz band unless the client is a laptop with 2.4 GHz disabled. In that case, the connection drops quickly.

I am guessing you might be using some international version since Google prevents most Nexus devices from working on DFS channels. Are you suggesting you can connect to channel 52-140 on Nexus 5?