Vote for your most requested feature.

ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
edited November 2014 in Harmony
I would like to get some feedback on a few features we are considering in the short term. Please provide your comments on the following:

1 - TouchID support for iPhone 5S, 6 and 6 Plus
2 - Rate shaping per SSID
3 - Dropbox config sync (save your config so you can open on another device)

Thanks

Xclaim

Comments

• fullbarsfullbars Member Posts: 11
    Rate shaping per client/SSID is high on my list of wants.

TouchID is a per device or per account basis?
    Instead of Dropbox I would like to see iCloud or other sync options that don't require a manual sync like Dropbox.
  • ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
    Yes, TouchID is only on the specific device. Thank you for your other comments.
  • dszpdszp Member Posts: 19
    Config sync for connecting to multiple Xclaim networks from the same device, or multiple networks from different devices, would be excellent. OneDrive support would be good as well as Dropbox, though I'd prefer something I can share with customers (so their equipment and my equipment can both do configuration/monitoring).

Touch ID would be great but not as high a priority. Adding a timeout before requiring the password again (say, 5 minutes) would be a good and less-programming-intensive start that would make it more usable, for things like leaving the app to change wireless networks from Settings and running the SpeedFlex app to test connection speeds (and back to the Xclaim app to retrieve the IP of different APs to connect to).
  • miskomisko Member Posts: 7
    Config sync so management from multiple devices would be nice. The way it is I can't compare an iPad/iPhone version with an Android version to see if bugs are specific to a version or not.

Ability to name connected clients if Harmony or Access Point cannot determine a name

Ability to force a "refresh". I have to select a client and then go back to get a "loading" message. And even that doesn't work all the time.

Packet counts updating as bytes transmitted graph updates

Ability to zoom graph, get rid of numbers, all the zeros at the bottom are not helpful

Uplink/Downlink byte counts updated as graph updates

Don't make me login again just because the screen goes blank. I have or can have a password to unlock device, why if the screen timesout do I have to log into the app again. Don't mind if I start app again or switch to new app, but just screen timeout is annoying

Not sure connected clients is accurate. Perhaps clients timeout if no traffic for a while?

• josejose Member Posts: 68
  • SpringsSprings Member Posts: 114
    I stand by my earlier statement.
    #1 should be a Web browser interface directly cloned from the Ruckus standalone AP interface.

After that.
    Rate limiting.
    @Springs‌ Kind of defeats our entire model of mobile app managed. :) We have heard this request and its something we are considering.
    @ericsr‌
    point taken. But how about a poll that asks...

Would Web management make the difference in using Xclaim.

I bet you would get a resounding "Hell Yes" from a lot of dealers.
  • dszpdszp Member Posts: 19
    Agreed...app management is nice for end users but as a service company, it kind of feels like its app managed so you can avoid copying U. (in other words, just to be different). Retail this might be fine but the channel is going to want web managed. With an app as an option for on-the-go is even better, just not as primary. Also faster to push updates/fixes to web management, with apps you're at the mercy of App Store review policies on multiple platforms (not to mention having to support multiple platforms).

It would be nice to have the APs do discovery of each other and allow web management of multiple through the interface of one, which is one nice thing the app does as "controller." Saves needing a controller machine (Java host in competitor or dedicated tablet or phone with Xclaim) which is handy in this market (we have both small businesses and homes without servers this would work well in). And a nice API would be excellent as well, ideally one the APs would use themselves but also one someone could write their own deployment/status/statistics scripts against for central management.

Of course cloud web-and-app mgmt solves some of the problems but presents its own set. Some people won't use a service based system at all for various reasons. I don't want an ongoing subscription cost but want to be able to trust the management system will always be there, meaning you would be subsidizing the cloud mgmt. Maybe it's cheap enough; CloudTrax does it (and on the paid end, Meraki). We haven't cloud hosted any U. systems yet but I like that we can if we want since the controller can run locally or remote...they really have hit on a great system, I don't know that I would give up doing things like them just to avoid copying and "app-ing it up" :-)
    edited November 2014
    Interested to know if we DID enable WebUI to APs, everyone would be ok managing them independently? So if you have 5, you manage them one at a time. This is in a non-cloud environment.

just curious.

Thanks!
  • terolesteroles Member Posts: 4
    I'd be fine with the independent web management but would prefer a cloud based centralized management. Hopefully you'll find a way to enable them without cannibalizing the Ruckus product line.
    edited November 2014
    If there is more then one AP on site I absolutley would need a way to manage them remotely. Web based one at a time is what everyone learned on anyway.
  • RuckusmanRuckusman Member Posts: 26
    Hi!

I'm working with Ruckus since 2006 (Mediaflex 2900 was the first one that impressed me and my customers) and I was totaly shocked when I nmap-ed AP. Only 22 ;(

What would I like to have is:

1. Remote management with web browser (which works through VPN)
    2. Rate limiting might be also very usefull ;)
    3. client mode so I don't have to pull cable to every AP

Best Regards, Peter.

Ruckusman said:

Hi!

I'm working with Ruckus since 2006 (Mediaflex 2900 was the first one that impressed me and my customers) and I was totaly shocked when I nmap-ed AP. Only 22 ;(

What would I like to have is:

1. Remote management with web browser (which works through VPN)
    2. Rate limiting might be also very usefull ;)
    3. client mode so I don't have to pull cable to every AP

Best Regards, Peter.

Please make sure you take survey as well. Thanks.
    edited December 2014
    Keep an eye out for some exciting news prior to the end of December. I am hoping to grant at least one MAJOR feature wish before then!
  • nickojorgenickojorge Member Posts: 10
    I'd like the option to remember the password, or at least have a configurable password timeout, on the Android app.

Unrelated to any of the options you mentioned, I'd also like the ability to specify a management VLAN so that I don't have to broadcast a VLAN-1 SSID specifically for management.

I'd like the option to remember the password, or at least have a configurable password timeout, on the Android app.

Unrelated to any of the options you mentioned, I'd also like the ability to specify a management VLAN so that I don't have to broadcast a VLAN-1 SSID specifically for management.

Appreciate the feedback. There might be some new release coming soon that would accommodate your second request. Not from the app, but maybe a web interface kinda thing! :smiley:
  • nickojorgenickojorge Member Posts: 10
    ericsr said:

Appreciate the feedback. There might be some new release coming soon that would accommodate your second request. Not from the app, but maybe a web interface kinda thing! :smiley:

Oooh, this sounds good!
    :smiley:
  • josejose Member Posts: 68
  • unifiedtsunifiedts Member Posts: 2
    Good Day

A Simpler Password would be useful.

We currently have to enter some encrypted password just to log into or start the setup on the app.

Please simplify the simple.

If we already have the xclaim AP product and downloaded the app
    We are already at the location, its obvious we are the ones to manage.
    The app is not a cell phone. It is not an Apple iTunes/iCloud Login.
    Its an access point!

Let us choose a password, do not force the minimum archaic bank level passwords on us.

Let us put a simple password - right now we must put an Upper Case, 8 Characters and another Character that is non alpha-numeric.

Then we have to remember the password that is usually different from the norm.

Thank You

F6
    unifiedts said:

Good Day

A Simpler Password would be useful.

We currently have to enter some encrypted password just to log into or start the setup on the app.

Please simplify the simple.

If we already have the xclaim AP product and downloaded the app
    We are already at the location, its obvious we are the ones to manage.
    The app is not a cell phone. It is not an Apple iTunes/iCloud Login.
    Its an access point!

Let us choose a password, do not force the minimum archaic bank level passwords on us.

Let us put a simple password - right now we must put an Upper Case, 8 Characters and another Character that is non alpha-numeric.

Then we have to remember the password that is usually different from the norm.

Thank You

F6

Actually, we removed that requirement months ago. Its just 8 characters now (no requirements of special, upper, etc). We also added TouchID support so you don't have to use a password on compatible devices. Hope this helps.
    TouchID and rate shaping per SSID are now implemented! :)