PoE Injector (included with all APs)

ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
edited November 2014 in All AP Hardware Discussions
We made the decision to include a standard 802.3af PoE injector to make things easy on you. Its NOT proprietary and you can choose to use a regular PoE switch if you like. However, this basically functions like a long extension cord. You can get whatever length of CAT5e cable and put the AP where you like (well, less than 100m). Certainly more useful than a 6ft power cord.

Let us know your feedback on if this is a good thing.

Thanks

Xclaim team

Comments

• PathwayPathway Member Posts: 2
    For any install where there is no nearby power, especially ceiling and wall mounted locations, the POE injector is greatly appreciated.
  • SimonG2015SimonG2015 Member Posts: 10
    Got our test units today, and I gotta admit I was impressed to see a POE injector being included in the box!
  • SpringsSprings Member Posts: 114
    The injectors I use for the Ruckus line cost me about $40.
  • formarishkaformarishka Member Posts: 5
    It's realy cool to find poe-injector in a box with AP, but my wish for the future - to include also a power supply if possible.
  • formarishkaformarishka Member Posts: 5
    By the way, interface for power supply is very hard-to-reach.
    To connect the power supply, I had to cut off a piece of the shell (see photo, on the left) =)
    The same story with reset button (on the right)

xi-3.jpg 250.6K
  • ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457

By the way, interface for power supply is very hard-to-reach.
    To connect the power supply, I had to cut off a piece of the shell (see photo, on the left) =)
    The same story with reset button (on the right)

We can "sell" right angle power adapters for someone that needs them. We figure the use case around PoE injector is much stronger. The reset button is supposed to be hard to access to prevent random access (unless you have the magic bent paper clip). :smile:
    Hey guys, am I the only one who received a new xi-2, with its POE injector...but without the cord that connects the injector to the wall outlet ???
  • ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457

Hey guys, am I the only one who received a new xi-2, with its POE injector...but without the cord that connects the injector to the wall outlet ???

I have yet to have anyone report missing a power cord. If you are international it should have been a question of what type to be included. In US, its standard plug.
    Canada : standard plug

I had them with my initial units : a Xi1 and a Xi2.

We ordered 3 additionnal Xi-2 and when I opened the boxes this morning, found out the cords are missing...

Not such a big deal, but was wondering if it was a decision you guys made to remove that...
  • aelibbyaelibby Member Posts: 72
    edited March 2015

I was going to say that most places that these APs are targetted at will not have a PoE switch, but each unit comes with the PoE injector so that shouldn't be an issue. Why not use that instead of the AC adapter?

• spjacobsenspjacobsen Member Posts: 4

My Xi-3 (US) also arrived without a PoE injector power cord. Is it still the case that it should come with one? If so, how can I go about obtaining it from Xclaim (I've tried the email help channel and haven't gotten a response in 3 business days). If not, how can I go about obtaining a compatible cord elsewhere?

• Hi @spjacobsen,

Our operations team will reach out to you ASAP.

Thanks
    Ramesh

• jdromjdrom Member Posts: 3

Ordered the Xi-3 (Canada) from your direct store and also didn't receive a power cable with the PoE injector. Tossed in the shipping box was an adapter from Euro to US style plug though which is obviously useless when no cable is included.

Thankfully I can take the cable from another device I have but that means I'm short a power cable now...

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,064

Hello @jdrom ,

Thanks for contacting us. All XCLaim access points purchased directly from our store outside of US do not come with the power cable. That would have to be purchased separately. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Regards,
    Vybhav