Mounting Options

Indoor APs have a plastic bottom that can be ceiling mounted (screwed in or T-rail mount). Here is an photo of Xi-1 bottom:

Comments

• dan_computerxdan_computerx Member Posts: 26
    You even ship screws and anchors in the package. This is not what I expect from an inexpensive product.
  • aelibbyaelibby Member Posts: 72
    If you put the t-rail on and didn't want it there is a long thin metal tool with a loop that you use to remove the t-rail.

As there were no instructions I had to search around and figure it out on my own to remove it from my X-3. Hope this helps anyone else in the same boat.
  • ZpilotZpilot Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased the X3. So far so good. Hopefully you can point me in the right direction for a few things.

1. Recommendations for locating, orienting, and mounting the unit. I realize that there are many factors in determining where to mount the unit, but some general guidelines would be very helpful. For example is wall / vertical or ceiling / horizontal preferred?
    2. Instructions for mounting the unit. It comes with a Y shaped bracket that clicks into the 2 screw notches on the back. Is this for some specific application like drop ceilings?

Thank you in advance.
  • ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
    Zpilot said:

I just purchased the X3. So far so good. Hopefully you can point me in the right direction for a few things.

1. Recommendations for locating, orienting, and mounting the unit. I realize that there are many factors in determining where to mount the unit, but some general guidelines would be very helpful. For example is wall / vertical or ceiling / horizontal preferred?
    2. Instructions for mounting the unit. It comes with a Y shaped bracket that clicks into the 2 screw notches on the back. Is this for some specific application like drop ceilings?

Thank you in advance.

Mounting is totally dependent on what you have to work with. Just go with whats easy! :) I always recommend mounting flat on a desk or from the ceiling (horizontally). The included clips are for mounting to t-rail of drop ceiling.
  • PentanglePentangle Member Posts: 7
    I'd second 'aelibby' on the lack of instructions on the t-rail and metal loop. It took me a long time of frustration trying to pull the t-rail off the AP until I worked out there must have been a locking mechanism - and I could only confirm that at the time as i'd bought more than one (opening the second one to work out how to get the t-rail off and inspecting it showed me the mechanism and the hole in the case, and then I checked the mountings bag, which usually gets tossed, and found the metal loop!)
  • gbaldwingbaldwin Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2015

@ericsr said:
    Indoor APs have a plastic bottom that can be ceiling mounted (screwed in or T-rail mount). Here is an photo of Xi-1 bottom:

I have just purchased an Xi-1.
    It came with two screws and two wall plugs but no brackets of any kind. I can see no way that it can be mounted to a normal plaster ceiling. Help please!

• gbaldwingbaldwin Member Posts: 4

OK - I think I have figured it out. There is s small notch in the base just by the ethernet connection area that I guess pairs up with the mounting 'keyhole' at the label end.

• TajuTaju Member Posts: 4

Best option to mount Xo-1 is facing down like the Ruckus APs?
    Thanks a lot

• wawatusiwawatusi Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2015

How do I use this tool to remove the t-bracket? I have the X1-3 this thing is stuck on.

• blimtsblimts Member Posts: 4

On the bottom left-side (looking from the bottom) there's a small hole. Insert the pin and push it in. Now lift the tab on the t-bracket at the ethernet connection and you should be able to slip it out of the t-bracket.

• ePhenomenaePhenomena Member Posts: 11

There was a question on best option to mount Xo-1 and no one has answered that.

How are we supposed to install this unit.
    Assuming it will be faced down like Ruckus, then what is the prupose of the two N type connectors.
    If this is for Omni antennas:

• Does it work for both frequencies?
    • In case installed with omni antennas on N-type connectors, do we have to install the unit upright (Omni antennas in vertical direction)?
  • KenGurusamyKenGurusamy Member Posts: 4

I need to install Xi-1 on the ceiling and need to secure it with a lock or screw. Are there any mounting brackets available? Looking at the Ruckus R300, the bottom design is very similar to the Xi-1. Possible to use this? The part number is Ruckus: 902-0118-0000.

Thanks

• techedge01techedge01 Member Posts: 1

Xi-3 has mounting that can accommodate drop ceiling in which the tiles hang below the grid but the Xi-2 does not have that same off-set mounting hardware. Where is the kit to support this more high end ceiling?

• jacobgrafjacobgraf Member Posts: 16

Where are the instructions for mounting the Xi-3 to a drop ceiling? Nothing came in the box and I can't seem to find any other resources. Mainly I am wondering about how to best run the network wire out the back and up into the ceiling tile without it looking like a hack job. Thanks for your help.