Cannot get AP's to reset

Lynne723Lynne723 Member Posts: 5

I have 4 AP's on an install. 2 of them were able to connect to a co-worker's phone during setup, but the other 2 were not. They are registering IP addresses on the network, but do not show up in the app. Tried factory resetting the 2 that won't appear, and they go from red to green within 5 seconds. Past successful resets have taken 10-15 seconds before it goes from red to green. This is getting frustrating as I have tried several times. Need help ASAP

Comments

• Hi @Lynne723,

Can you please try rebooting the AP twice in the space of 10 minutes ? There is likely chance that AP might be running the older firmware version.
    Also have you tried the CloudManager for managing the AP's ?

Thanks
    Ramesh

• Lynne723Lynne723 Member Posts: 5
    Cannot get the Cloud to detect brand new out of the box APs. 
  • Hi @Lynne723,

Please follow below steps:

• Please power the AP up and make sure it has access to the internet.
    • When the LED turns to solid or blinking green, wait for 5 minutes and please unplug the AP (turn off the power) and wait for 5 seconds and then power the AP up again.
    • After the Powering up the AP, the LED will start blinking Green. Now your AP should be ready for use with CloudManager registration and claiming.

Thanks
    Ramesh

I have another access point that will not reset. In this case, after the red led starts blinking green, I can connect to the Xclaim setup wifi. However, the light on the AP turns solid green within 30-60 seconds, and my phone is not able to see the AP on the app.

• Hi @Lynne723,

Is the AP already claimed by the CloudManager ? The LED pattern is correct RED->BLINKING GREEN -> SOLID GREEN. Can you please DM the serial number of the AP ?

Thanks
    Ramesh

We factory reset an XI3 AP, getting the correct sequence of red, blinking green - and go into the Harmony app. Phone can see the new AP, but getting message of "Invalid Login" even though the AP has been factory reset several times.

A second AP will not take a good reset. Press and hold the reset for 8 seconds, get the solid red for 8 plus seconds, then goes to solid green after 8 seconds.

Need help!