How do I reset the AP?

ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
There is a hard reset pin hole on the back near the ethernet port. The unit must be powered up (give it a min to make sure) and then you PRESS AND HOLD for 8 seconds. If you do this, I would suggest deleting the app and reinstalling it as well. Just to clear out any local cache issues.

Comments

• SpringsSprings Member Posts: 114
    Hold up.

We have to remove the app and reinstall between deployments?
  • ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
    The app is per device, per installation. You cannot use the app to manage multiple installs.
  • CBrownCBrown Member Posts: 21
    ericsr said:

The app is per device, per installation. You cannot use the app to manage multiple installs.

That means I have to have a different cell phone with the app installed for each installation where I install Xclaim units.
    Please upgrade the app so you can scan for devices at a site and then manage them rather than tying the app to one device or installation.
  • josejose Member Posts: 68
    We just need a remote management solution
  • dszpdszp Member Posts: 19
    Need two things--remote management, and ability to log out and back in with a different network on one iOS device. Deploying and managing multiple Xclaim networks for customers is extremely clumsy if it requires deleting and re-installing the app all the time! Plus it just fails all the time as well even when configuring APs from the default--which I will look for solutions elsewhere in the forums; just got here. But I've already played with some units, it's a very promising solution that needs work...
  • SpringsSprings Member Posts: 114
    edited November 2014
    Show up on site.
    Delete the AP on my phone.
    Redownload it.
    Put the info back in for the site I am PHYSICALLY at.
    Then can I manage the APs?
    (Since its AP driven... i can't leave a device on site that i can log into either?)

This has shades of UniFi 1.0 all over it. Hell worse, as back then I had to delete the software and restore the INSTANCE for the site I was at on a laptop. But then I could talk to the system again. Ofcourse the DESIGNED/INTENDED use was to have a server running 24/7 per site. Where the server was didn't really matter but it needed to be reachable online for the APs to report and for one to manage. So long as I could reach the server with a WEB BROWSER I could manage things.
    dszp said:

Need two things--remote management, and ability to log out and back in with a different network on one iOS device. Deploying and managing multiple Xclaim networks for customers is extremely clumsy if it requires deleting and re-installing the app all the time! Plus it just fails all the time as well even when configuring APs from the default--which I will look for solutions elsewhere in the forums; just got here. But I've already played with some units, it's a very promising solution that needs work...

Again, version 1.0 is meant for local installation and management. Its not our answer to multi-site and never claimed to. Hang with us and you will be rewarded.
    Springs said:

Show up on site.
    Delete the AP on my phone.
    Redownload it.
    Put the info back in for the site I am PHYSICALLY at.
    Then can I manage the APs?
    (Since its AP driven... i can't leave a device on site that i can log into either?)

This has shades of UniFi 1.0 all over it. Hell worse, as back then I had to delete the software and restore the INSTANCE for the site I was at on a laptop. But then I could talk to the system again. Ofcourse the DESIGNED/INTENDED use was to have a server running 24/7 per site. Where the server was didn't really matter but it needed to be reachable online for the APs to report and for one to manage. So long as I could reach the server with a WEB BROWSER I could manage things.

This IS Harmony 1.0. Not even sure what company you are referencing! :smile: We are being very clear that this is the first step in a simple product and it will continue to improve at a very fast pace. I appreciate your comments and understand. Please be patient or check back as we add new features.
  • josejose Member Posts: 68
    @Springs I can't believe you just compared Xclaim to UniFi. Shame on you :'(
    The beauty of this forum is people can compare whatever they want. As long as they speak objectively! We welcome everyone.
  • dszpdszp Member Posts: 19
    Compare? I've done a lot of UniFi deployments (from 1 AP, frequently, to 3, 5, or even 25), and for low-density stuff it works great for the most part. Done a couple of small to medium sized Ruckus deployments as well, and it's great, would love to do more of it, which is what I'm hoping Xclaim will let me do--Ruckus products but to fit the customer size I work with most of the time (small businesses and churches--though the larger churches would do better with full-blown Ruckus, some limp along with overwhelmed UniFi deployments due to $ (this is not something Xclaim will likely fix)).

It just feels a bit more like a beta experience so far (with the errors I've seen from Harmony so far), not really a 1.0. I'm hoping 1.5 is soon and improved :-) I don't think it's quite as good as @Springs said even yet--it's not "put the info in for the network I'm physically at," it's go around and reset all APs to default, re-adopt them, reconfigure all settings from scratch, and now you can make changes! I suppose buying a $100 Android tablet to leave on-premise for management might be a temporary solution, though clunky for sure.
  • josh_swsjosh_sws Member Posts: 1
    @dszp I'll be actively watching this product line to see how it compares.
  • RuckusmanRuckusman Member Posts: 26
    ericsr said:

I have two AP's. One x2 in my company and one X1 at my home. I have L3 VPN established between locations and I check from time to time if everthing is fine at home (if my wife is surfing the internet or doing something more usefull ;) ;) ;)

So when I came to home then I have to make a factory reset just to see data from AP????
    I will try this again today when I came to home but I think it won't be so horrible.

Yesterday I configured X2 and I can still get data from this device without reseting it to factory. Hope that I will get data from my home AP when I came to home in evening.

Br Peter.