Do I NEED to use Harmony to manage the APs?

ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
YES. There is no other option for management. We hope you love it as much as we do.

Comments

• PathwayPathway Member Posts: 2
    While I understand that iOS and Android devices are everywhere, why is there no option for HTTP(s) management?
  • DavidHDavidH Member Posts: 1
    It is so unprofessional to have Engineers wandering round a site using their phones to configure. Looks like they are "playing" on their phones, or engrossed in Facebook. Come on Chaps, can't you do something so we can configure from a PC ?
  • ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
    DavidH said:

It is so unprofessional to have Engineers wandering round a site using their phones to configure. Looks like they are "playing" on their phones, or engrossed in Facebook. Come on Chaps, can't you do something so we can configure from a PC ?

The concept of Harmony was built around mobile app management. This is not a secret and is posted all over the forum and our website. I understand people are used to using a web browser but we are hoping to break that trend. If someone is using Facebook they should have a stern talking to! :)
  • terolesteroles Member Posts: 4
    I don't have an Apple or Android mobile device and I'm not going to get one anytime soon. Am I out of luck? When will there be Harmony for Windows Phone or a Windows Modern app? ;)

If a web gui is out of the question, then please make at least a SSH console for the engineers.
    @teroles‌ Thanks for your comment. No plans for Windows phone app. We are looking at Web UI but nothing concrete. Keep an eye out.
  • josejose Member Posts: 68
    Mobile devices are the feature, so I really don't mind configure the APs from my phone or tablet, but some type of controller would definetly make things easier.
    jose said:

Mobile devices are the feature, so I really don't mind configure the APs from my phone or tablet, but some type of controller would definetly make things easier.

Well considering we are a "controller-free" product, most likely not going to happen. We definitely have products to do that in our ZoneFlex line, but this is a different market. Web UI, cloud connectivity, sure. Just don't expect a WLAN controller anytime soon. :smile:
  • emaackemaack Member Posts: 2
    Hi, when you mention cloud connectivity.

Can we expect an smb version like SM from Meraki?
    I mean a cloud management console, were one can manage all AP's at different locations?
  • rriverarrivera Member Posts: 3
    Really, i need to configure 15 AP but the APP crash with every device we had in this NOC. Any idea ?
    rrivera said:

Really, i need to configure 15 AP but the APP crash with every device we had in this NOC. Any idea ?

There is a web interface you can use to manage your AP. App updates coming soon.
  • josejose Member Posts: 68
    Would it be possible to add a configuration backup to the AP?
    jose said:

Would it be possible to add a configuration backup to the AP?

Not in the immediate plans considering the configuration depth is quite shallow. Maybe when we release a cloud managed option this would suffice.
  • rriverarrivera Member Posts: 3
    What about we need to update the access points but the app crashes ?
    rrivera said:

What about we need to update the access points but the app crashes ?

You can do it from SSH or just reboot the AP. This will force an update check. If you do just reboot the AP, I would encourage another reboot about 3-5 mins later to instantiate the new image.
  • asimpsonasimpson Member Posts: 1
    So there is no way to administer these things remotely? If a user in another location calls the helpdesk and says their wireless isn't working I have no way to check the APs or restart them except drive 20 miles?
    asimpson said:

So there is no way to administer these things remotely? If a user in another location calls the helpdesk and says their wireless isn't working I have no way to check the APs or restart them except drive 20 miles?

Sure you can. Access the web interface by creating a port forwarding rule on your router.