Quick setup Guide

• Thank you for purchasing this Xclaim Access Point
• Xclaim recently launched CloudManager to provide you with free cloud based management and control of your access points.
• You will not be able to use CloudManager until you have upgraded the software on your AP. This is a very simple process.
• Please power the AP up and make sure it has access to the internet.
• When the LED turns to solid or blinking green, wait for 5 minutes and please unplug the AP (turn off the power) and wait for 5 seconds and then power the AP up again.
• After the Powering up the AP, the LED will start blinking Green. Now your AP should be ready for use with CloudManager registration and claiming.
• Go to www.xclaimwireless.com and sign up for Free CloudManager and register your AP if you have not done yet.
• Once you have your AP registered with serial number in the CloudManager, LED will turn into Solid Green ( Your AP is claimed by Cloud now)
• If you have any issues please contact Xclaim via the support forums at http://forum.xclaimwireless.com/

Comments

• joeho717joeho717 Member Posts: 4

Does the package come with a power cord for the POE injector ? mine did not come with a cable.

• ProgjesProgjes Member Posts: 41

I have two questions:

• I cannot get the Cloudmanager connected to the Accesspoint, do I need some kind of port forwarding on my router?
    • How can I manually define the channels for 2.5 and 5 ghz?
  • vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,051

Hello @Progjes ,

You should not be needing any special port forwarding on your rourter, as long as your router is not blocking any traffic(i.e acting like a firewall).

Can you please let me know what the status of the LED on the AP is?

Regards,
    Vybhav

Thnx for your answer!

I will let you know the color of the LED, but before I proceed, can I manually define the channels on both bands?

• Hi @Progjes,

Yes you can from Access Points on the CloudManager. When you 'EDIT AP' you will have the option to set manual channels of both the bands.

Thanks
    Ramesh

Hi @rameshc ,

This really is not(!) working...

Since there is no extensive documentation on how to setup cloud manager, I used the following steps found on the forum (in brackets extended by me..)

• Perform factory reset ( press the small button behind the AP) of AP
      --> (done)
    • Wait for 5 minutes and then reboot the AP.( (unplug the Power cord/ POE Ethernet cable and plug it back)
      --> (done)
    • Now , check the AP’s LED. It should be blinking GREEN. Your AP is all set to be claimed via CloudManager.
      --> because I need internet to access cloudmanager, I joined the xcliam-setup wifi
    • Create an account in CloudManager and register/claim your AP using it’s serial number, also create and add network to AP
      --> done, the AP has a green light in Cloud Manager. Created the Networks as well, but no Wifi networks are created in my house.. only the xcliam-setup stays visible.
    • The AP’s LED will now change to “Constant GREEN”. Your AP is now claimed and you are all set to configure the AP further via CloudManager, and will be broadcasting the SSID/Network you configured
      --> only xclaim-setup is broadcasted. my newly created channels are not broadcasted at all. Nevertheless, I do see in Cloudmanager that my AP is connected correctly, I can even see it has an local IP adress.

Please advice!

I managed to get it to work..

Had to add AP, create network, and then... add the network to the AP. That last step was not on my mind before.. thnx anyways, works now.

• ErnstvanderVlistErnstvanderVlist Member Posts: 5

Hello Guys,

I try to register my AP's to the Cloudmanager but nothing works. I've tried it with an Xi-1 and Xi-2 on different locations but it wont work.

To check the firmware I've logged in to the AP via SSH
    get version > 2.0.0.0.368
    After that I performed a factory reset and try to add the AP again but all with no luck.

Do you have any suggestions?

• Hi @ErnstvanderVlist,

What is the status of the LED on the AP ?

Thanks
    Ramesh

Blinking Green

• Hi @ErnstvanderVlist,

Look for my DM.

Thanks
    Ramesh

Hi @rameshc

Maybe a little impatient :) but did you see my reply?

• LumartekLumartek Member Posts: 2

Hello,

I can not connect to my xo-1, I've tried cloudmanager and Harmony, is the first time working with Xclaim, according to the installation guide before being discovered by cloudmanager or Harmony green LED should flash, but since the first once I started the green LED remains fixed.
    I traced the IP with an IP Scanner and see 169.254.1.1, but neither can connect via web, and unresponsive to ping. what can I do? Is it damaged?

Thank you

• Hi @Lumartek,

Can you please try upgrading the AP to the latest firmware version ? You can do this by rebooting the AP twice in space of 5 minutes.

Thanks
    Ramesh

• LumartekLumartek Member Posts: 2

Hi Ramesch,

I tried updating the firmware, I have ap router connected to Internet access, I've rebooted twice in the space of 5 minutes, but still the same, the green LED remains fixed, has not blinked at any time. And cannot conect

• Hi @Lumartek,

Look for my DM.

Thanks
    Ramesh

• 1541ii1541ii Member Posts: 5

I'm having a similar issue. Let one of the Xi-1 run for about 10 minutes (tried several times, sometimes up to 30 minutes), but light just goes straight from red to green and I can see the Xclaim-Setup SSID and it won't connect to the cloud manager even though I registered the serial.
    Any help is appreciated.

• Hi @1541ii,

Are you still facing the issue ? If you are still facing the issue let me know your availability I can set up a remote session and help fix the issue you are facing.

Regards
    Ramesh

• marcusandrusmarcusandrus Member Posts: 6

I've installed three units. One is a guest wireless in a juice bar. This guest unit in particular does not show up in CloudManager. I have outbound restricted to a small number of ports to restrict p2p and other unnecessary traffic from the juice bar, ie 80, 443 and a few others. Can you confirm what needs to be open outbound so the unit has access? I assume 443. Anything else?

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,051
    edited November 2015

Hello @marcusandrus ,

The following ports need to be opened outbound :

• TCP 443 (SSL)
    • UDP 123 (NTP)
    • ICMP

Regards,
    Vybhav