Steps to prepare your AP for attaching to CloudManager

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited November 2015 in Getting Started (CloudManager)

Following are the steps to prepare your AP for attaching to CloudManager for configuration:

New user :

1. Turn on AP by connecting Power cord /POE Ethernet
  2. Ensure AP is connected to the Internet through a router or switch with DHCP server
  3. After 5 minutes, reboot the AP. (unplug the Power cord/ POE Ethernet cable and plug it back)
  4. Reboot AP again after 5 minutes.
  5. Your AP should now be updated to the latest firmware version.
  6. Check the AP’s LED. It should be blinking GREEN. Now your AP is all set to be claimed via CloudManager.
  7. Create an account in CloudManager and register the AP using it’s serial number, also create and add network to AP
  8. The AP’s LED will now change to “Constant GREEN”. Your AP is now claimed and you are all set to configure the AP further via CloudManager and will be broadcasting the SSID/Network your configured.

Existing user (Using Harmony):

1. Perform factory reset ( press the small button behind the AP for 8 seconds) of AP
  2. Wait for 5 minutes and then reboot the AP.( (unplug the Power cord/ POE Ethernet cable and plug it back)
  3. Now , check the AP’s LED. It should be blinking GREEN. Your AP is all set to be claimed via CloudManager.
  4. Create an account in CloudManager and register/claim your AP using it’s serial number, also create and add network to AP
  5. The AP’s LED will now change to “Constant GREEN”. Your AP is now claimed and you are all set to configure the AP further via CloudManager, and will be broadcasting the SSID/Network you configured

Comments

• Lyon58Lyon58 Member Posts: 1

So I have followed these steps, the second set, as harmony on my phone just got stuck on loading after selecting the AP. It does not seem to work for my Xi-3. After a reset and multiple waiting 5 minutes then cycling power, the light does not flash green it is just solid green. On the CloudManager page I have added and re added the AP various times after following this guide, it finds it and connects, but will not connect any networks I create, and the AP remains offline.

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,056

Hello @Lyon58 ,

Can you please confirm the AP's Firmware version , by accessing the AP via it's Web GUI or via SSH?

Regards,
    VYbhav

• RickRick Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2015

Similar problem here. I've factory reset the AP a few times and done the setup via the Harmony app but it just doesn't get claimed by CloudManager. Followed the step-by step instructions. The AP is working fine but, when adding it via the CloudManager it just says offline.

Ignore what I said first. Obviously didn't read my documentation right and missed the part where it said you can't use the CloudManager if you you've already claimed the AP with Harmony.

Now, however, I've factory reset it and tried to claim it directly with the CloudManager but it doesn't seem to be linking up. Input the serial number and named the AP but it's staying offline. The Xclaim is blinking (3 green blinks, pause, 3 green blinks...)
    Any advice?
    Software Version: 2.0.0.0.355

• Hi @Rick,

Is there a direct number which we can reach out to you ? You can send me a DM.

Thanks
    Ramesh

• tlphippstlphipps Member Posts: 2

Looks like I'm having a similar issue. My unit wouldn't upgrade firmware on its own, so I had to SSH in and get the firmware upgraded manually. That worked. I'm now running 2.0.0.0.368 but my AP still won't check-in with the cloudmanager. I've rebooted multiple times and factory reset more than once as well. My unit boots with a red light and then goes straight to solid green.
    Any tips on getting it to check-in with the cloudmanager?

• Hi @tlphipps,

Send me a contact details to ramesh.chandrasekar@ruckuswireless.com.

Thanks
    Ramesh

• tlphippstlphipps Member Posts: 2

Email sent. thanks.

• ccnservccnserv Member Posts: 2

Can you use the factory reset option from the web interface to perform the firmware upgrade?

Hello @ccnserv ,

If you would like to perform a firmware upgrade on your AP connect to CloudManager, you can click on the "Upgrade" button which will automatically light up once the AP detects a new version available.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• 2020techs2020techs Member Posts: 4

Setup using cloud manager added AP says its online updated firmware created network rebooted still says claim-setup the new ssid is not showing up not sure what to try next.

Thanks for the help

Brett

Hello @2020techs ,

Can you please confirm if you applied the created network to the AP?

Regards,
    Vybhav

• 2020techs2020techs Member Posts: 4

That did the trick

Thank you!!!

Glad to know that helped @2020techs! Thank you for updating us.

Worth noting: Client Isolation is on by default. If you have a DNS or Mail Server that isn't your DHCP server, that will cause problems - Turn it off.

• joeho717joeho717 Member Posts: 4

@vybhavram said:
    Hello 2020techs ,

Can you please confirm if you applied the created network to the AP?

Regards,
    Vybhav

How do I "apply" the created network to the AP ?

I am still seeing xclaim-setup, already created 2 networks.

thanks

Once you have the networks created, you need to click on the "Access Points" tab, then click on the access point that you would like to assign the networks to. IN the access point's configuration page, you can assign the created networks by typing in the network names in the "Networks" section.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• N3MN3M Member Posts: 1

I have been trying to get mine linked up as well and I can't seem to get it showing online. I tried the steps for existing users and reset to factory defaults but can't seem to get it working. I'm running a Xi-3 on 2.1.0.0.57. What are my options?

• HI @N3M,

Let me know good time to talk to you. You can send the details to ramesh.chandrasekar@ruckuswireless.com.

Thanks
    Ramesh

• AustinAustin Member Posts: 1

Same problem here -

have 4 Xi-3 APs, no matter what, resetting and everything, they will not flash green and get onto cloud manager. I have 4 more I am going to try, now. The only thing I can think of is that they are attached to another manager already.

Thanks,

Austin

Hello @Austin ,

Even if the APs have been registered by some other CloudManager account, they should be flashing GREEN and should transition to SOLID GREEN. What do the AP's LEDs do?

Regards,
    Vybhav

• maher360maher360 Member Posts: 4

AP xi-1 is showing blanking red and did not show online in cloud manager

other XI-1 is not broadcasting SSID after attaching network to AP.

any possible solution for above issues

Thanks,

Maher

any update for above issue ??

any update for this issue ?

@maher360 said:
    AP xi-1 is showing blanking red and did not show online in cloud manager

other XI-1 is not broadcasting SSID after attaching network to AP.

any possible solution for above issues

Thanks,

Maher