New builds ready for AP's

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited May 2015 in What's New

Build 2.0.0.0.252 is available for all APs. Here are the release notes:

Product : Xclaim Xi-1/2/3 and Xo-1

Build : 2.0.0.0.352 (CURRENT RELEASE)
Release Date : 05/12/2015

Stability fixes

**Are you planning to move to upcoming Cloud Management SW ? if yes its good reason for you to upgrade to this release

Comments

• CBrownCBrown Member Posts: 21

I just loaded 2.0.0.0.352 on my Xo-1.
    I can see it with the wired maintenance page.
    I can connect to it as a WiFi client OK.
    I cannot connect with Harmony. Just sits there saying connecting.
    Latest version of Harmony which connects just fine to my Xi-3 after the 2.0....update.
    I do note that the Xo-1 Pwr light now does 3 green blinks and then a pause then 3 green blinks.....rather than on solid green
    Any suggestions?
    Thanx,
    Charlie Brown

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,064

Hello @CBrown ,

We will be publishing more details soon, but blinking green suggests that you are AP is ready to be claimed by Harmony. Once you add the AP into harmony , you should see the LED change states into SOLID Green.

Regards,
    Vybhav

I need a little more help here please...How can I get Harmony to claim this AP when Harmony never progresses from the Loading... screen? Tried pushing the reset button but that did nothing but restart the device.
    Will the factory reset button on the wired web access page do anything for me?
    Thanx for your help with this...
    Charlie Brown

Hello @CBrown ,

Sure! You shouldn't have to perform a factory reset on the AP if the AP is already running the latest code and you are noticing blinking LEDs. The latest code version is 1.0.0.0.352.

Regarding Harmony, can you un-install the APP and re-install it and try to see if that helps. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming that you are currently connected to "xclaim-setup" that the AP is advertising , when you try and discover,claim the AP via Harmony?

And yes , the factory reset button on the AP's Web GUI page will factory reset the AP.

Regards,
    Vybhav

OK, I uninstalled Harmony and then reinstalled it.
    I reset the AP via the wired web GUI page access and now I can see the AP with Harmony and it is acting OK...
    except the Pwr light continues to blink 3 times, pause, blink 3 times, pause, Blink.....
    But everything else seems to work just fine.
    Thanx,
    CB

• TyShawnTyShawn Member Posts: 20

@vybhavram

I like to chime in on this issue as I setup my AP via the webgui only and still have the issue. I understand what you're saying that the blinking light is just a available state for the AP, but for those of us that don't want to use the apps its a bit of an annoyance. I disabled the setup SSID on the 2.4 band once I was done with the setup and still see the blinking light issue.

Hello @TyShawn and @CBrown ,

Thanks for bringing this to our notice. We are working on this and we should have a fix for this available soon.

Regards,
    Vybhav

Sounds good thank you again.

My blinking light stopped blinking after a bit...don't know why, but it did.
    AP works great.
    I have gone thru the FW upgrade procedure a couple of times now and it was mostly by hook or by crook.
    It would be nice to have a page or a video showing the steps to the FW upgrade process.
    The process needs to detail clearly where you are starting from as well as the steps you are taking and results you see. (We need to know what things you guys that work with this equipment and SW daily are taking for granted.)
    Thanx,
    CB

@CBrown

I hope this helps you a little. The only difference is you already have your password so it will be different from the default if you changed it.

forum.xclaimwireless.com/discussion/269/firmware-upgrade-how-to?new=1

@CBrown

We are coming up with a detailed guide very soon. You will be the first to know the moment that comes up! :)

Thanks for the help @TyShawn . It's great to see our customers getting involved in the community.

I have 2 Xclaim APs: An Xi3 on my home network (10.10.10.138) and an Xo1 on my office network (10.2.0.145).
    Both units are at the latest FW level: 2.0.0.0.352
    My copy of Harmony on my Galaxy 4 was at ver 1.1 and was uninstalled and redownloaded/installed today.
    I can access both units with the web GUI.
    I can use both units to access the Internet.
    Last night I used Harmony v1.1 on my cell phone to access my home AP.
    Today, with the same cell phone, I was unable to get Harmony to connect to my office AP.
    I uninstalled Harmony and reinstalled it on my cell with no luck.
    I finally used the Reset feature on the web GUI to Reset my Xo1. I was then able to use Harmony to connect to it.
    When I got home I tried to use my Harmony on my cell to connect to my home Xi3 unit and was unable to do that...got the eternal Loading... screen.
    What do I have to do to get my cell phone to connect to either of my APs on their different networks when I am in their vicinity?

Thanx for your help with this.

Charlie Brown

• SpringsSprings Member Posts: 114

Went through the same thing with the loading screen. Had to reset AP and reinstall App. After the 3rd time the unit went back in the box, where it will sit till cloud management is closer.

Well a few times this weekend my AP went from the triple green flashing light to the triple red flashing light. The first time I saw it I just rebooted the AP, but the last time I just waited to see if it went away.

@CBrown said:
    I have 2 Xclaim APs: An Xi3 on my home network (10.10.10.138) and an Xo1 on my office network (10.2.0.145).
    Both units are at the latest FW level: 2.0.0.0.352
    My copy of Harmony on my Galaxy 4 was at ver 1.1 and was uninstalled and redownloaded/installed today.
    I can access both units with the web GUI.
    I can use both units to access the Internet.
    Last night I used Harmony v1.1 on my cell phone to access my home AP.
    Today, with the same cell phone, I was unable to get Harmony to connect to my office AP.
    I uninstalled Harmony and reinstalled it on my cell with no luck.
    I finally used the Reset feature on the web GUI to Reset my Xo1. I was then able to use Harmony to connect to it.
    When I got home I tried to use my Harmony on my cell to connect to my home Xi3 unit and was unable to do that...got the eternal Loading... screen.
    What do I have to do to get my cell phone to connect to either of my APs on their different networks when I am in their vicinity?

Thanx for your help with this.

Charlie Brown

Hello @CBrown ,

Regarding your first issue where you had trouble configuring your office AP via Harmony, can you please confirm if both the home and office APs had the same password configured?

When you got back home, did you try restarting the APP and seeing if you were still seeing the loading screen?

We are going to be launching our Cloud feature soon, which should help you do exactly what you are referring to!

Regarding the LEDs, we will publish more details in a while, but the blinking RED LEDs that you saw is a valid condition. Once our cloud management solution is announced, I will be free to publish a lot more details and the LED states should then be understandable.

Regards,
    Vybhav

I log into both the home and office units using the web GUI using xclaim-mfg and the same password without any problems.
    I repowered the home AP by pulling the plug. I have not rebooted or reset from the web GUI.
    Still get the eternal Loading... screen from Harmony at home but can see the office unit just fine with the same Harmony/cell.
    Thanx,
    CB

• magomez96magomez96 Member Posts: 10

I tried to upgrade the firmware on my Xi-3 manually and I get the following error:
    xclaim : fw update
    fw: Updating rcks_wlan.main ...

Image1 FW check ...

MD5 = A37817A427F0783AD2C224B5C05A2E04
    FW=0 not MAIN or BKUP
    mtd(rcks_wlan.main) size=1245184 < 12988416
    New main firmware size=12988416 is too big
    ** new firmware too big
    **fw(16102) : File too large

• Hi @magomez96,

Can you reboot the AP once and try again ?

Thanks
    Ramesh

@rameshc said:
    Hi magomez96,

Can you reboot the AP once and try again ?

Thanks
    Ramesh

The firmware updated successfully. But now I'm having intermittent connectivity issues across a majority of my wireless devices.

Hello @magomez96 ,

Can you please describe the issue that you are facing with your wireless devices?

Regards,
    Vybhav

@vybhavram said:
    Hello magomez96 ,

Can you please describe the issue that you are facing with your wireless devices?

Regards,
    Vybhav

Sometimes they fail to connect to the WiFi network, other times they connect but do not get an IP address, other times they get a valid IP address but cannot communicate to any other device.

Hello @magomez96 ,

Can you please set the 2.4 and 5GHz channels to a static value and check if you are still seeing the same issue? The issue that you could be experiencing could be the AP automatically changing channels.

Regards,
    vybhav

@vybhavram said:
    Hello magomez96 ,

Can you please set the 2.4 and 5GHz channels to a static value and check if you are still seeing the same issue? The issue that you could be experiencing could be the AP automatically changing channels.

Regards,
    vybhav

This fixed the issue.

Great! Thanks for the update @magomez96