Post your feature requests here!

GTHillGTHill Xpert Posts: 27
We want to hear your feedback. Let us have it!

GT

Comments

• SpringsSprings Member Posts: 114
    Need Captive Portal.
    Need ability to brand captive portal and edit terms of service.
    Need ability to turn SSID on and off for business hours (This is a big selling point against the UniFi line).
    Need ability to rate limit clients per SSID.
    Need accounting.
    Need offsite management.
    Need ability to group devices.
    Need ability to set child permissions (Business owners can see how busy the system is (statistics) but not mess with it.)
  • ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
  • dan_computerxdan_computerx Member Posts: 26
    Offsite (cloud) management is a big one if you want to get recommendations from the outsourced IT guy.

In a lot of small businesses it is the consultant who decides what brand equipment to install. I think this is why Ubi gets so much business. The consultant buys one for his home, it works pretty well, he sells it to his clients (where it dies under the load.)

The ability to manage your clients from home is a big perk of the job. Nothing like billing in your underwear :smile:
  • josejose Member Posts: 68
    edited October 2014

Need DHCP service
    jose said:

Need DHCP service

So you just want DHCP or you are asking for full router capability? Thats the problem is most want the latter and it gets kinda sticky...
    Full Router capability.
    jose said:

Full Router capability.

As suspected. This is honestly better handled by the gateway/router that the small business already has. There are a ton of features we don't want to duplicate but I certainly can understand the request.
    Thanks for the explanation Ericsr. I agree with you.
  • aelibbyaelibby Member Posts: 72
    I know it is not Ruckus's strong point, but an xclaim gateway to compete with the new unifi security gateway would be aces.
    edited November 2014
    aelibby said:

I know it is not Ruckus's strong point, but an xclaim gateway to compete with the new unifi security gateway would be aces.

Why do I keep hearing Unifi on this forum, are you a ubnt spy...jk ;)
    I really don't think Xclaim will waste their time building something like the UniFi gateway.

Stay away from the USG, RouterBoard is the solution you are looking for -reliable and affordable-
  • miskomisko Member Posts: 7
    Oops, posted list under the vote topic :-(
  • jwf1776jwf1776 Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2014
    I would like to see the ability to config/troubleshoot via web-based interface (and/or cloud interface).

I have purchased two xi-2 to trial at a doctors office client of mine.

I see your target demographic as smb IT guys recommending/installing for small businesses that can't afford (don't need the complexity of) $500 APs (and controllers) but need more reliability/expandibility than $50 consumer APs. IT guys are going to need some sort of remote monitoring/mangt ability (even if it is just an AP based webpage... harmony isn't going to cut it).

while keeping things simple, I wouldn't skew development too much towards non technical users (they are going to buy $50 wireless from bestbuy) ...
  • CarlHCarlH Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2014
    I would like to be able to turn off 2.4 and only run on 5.
    CarlH said:

I would like to be able to turn off 2.4 and only run on 5.

Got it. Feature in the queue.
  • liolio Member Posts: 6
    I have a request / suggestion for the web interface, would here be the place to say?

A way to change the default username for SSH and web interface. Not being able to change this is a security risk.

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,051

@aelibby said:
    A way to change the default username for SSH and web interface. Not being able to change this is a security risk.

Thanks for your comment. Can you please elaborate on why you feel it's a security risk?

@vybhavram said:
    Thanks for your comment. Can you please elaborate on why you feel it's a security risk?

If everyone knows the username, then all they have to do is find the password.

I agree with @aelibby we should be able to setup a new username.

Thanks @jose . I just wanted to understand where you were coming from.

Jose hit it on the nose. If everyone knows the username, then all they need to do is get the password which would be pretty easy is my guess. Only having to crack 1 field makes things easier than if you have to do 2.

There is a reason for it currently. Hope that can change in the future. 
  • CBrownCBrown Member Posts: 21

Please fix Harmony 1.1 so you can configure an AP at one location and then manage it on another LAN.
    Now, at the other location, I can attach to the internet thru the AP, Harmony sees the AP with a ?, and then it hangs trying hangs with the eternal Loading... screen when I try to go any further. Also the constant need to re-enter super strength password every time you hiccup is a pain.
    Harmony 1.1 is better than the original but I think there is still plenty of room for improvements!!
    CB

• mspearmspear Member Posts: 1

Need Radius configuration on x0-1

@CBrown said:
    Please fix Harmony 1.1 so you can configure an AP at one location and then manage it on another LAN.
    Now, at the other location, I can attach to the internet thru the AP, Harmony sees the AP with a ?, and then it hangs trying hangs with the eternal Loading... screen when I try to go any further. Also the constant need to re-enter super strength password every time you hiccup is a pain.
    Harmony 1.1 is better than the original but I think there is still plenty of room for improvements!!
    CB

Thanks for your feedback. Our cloud service , which is coming up should be what you are looking for.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• kanhetwelkanhetwel Member Posts: 6

@vybhavram said:

the future cloud service sounds good :)