Language selection in Harmony not passed to xclaim

ProgjesProgjes Member Posts: 42
edited April 2015 in Harmony
Hi,

I noticed that the language I choose in harmony is not passed to the wifi country setting in xclaim. This is an issue, because xclaim defaults to US, and EU countries have a limited set of 5 ghz channels. So what happens is that xclaim is auto changing the channels on 5ghz to channels that are unrecognizable for a lot of eu wifi devices. Therefore, my hypotheses is that a wifi client connects to the ssid, gets band steered to the 5 ghz (to a channel that is unrecognizable) and therefore results in a non functional wifi.

Comments

• jsconsultjsconsult Member Posts: 11

I can confirm this behavior.

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,057

Hello @Progjes @jsconsult ,

Thanks for contacting us. Are you referring to the language/country setting set during the initial setup wizard in Harmony? We will look into this and revert.

In the meantime , to change the country code of the APs, you can try doing it via Harmony once you have configured the APs from the APP settings page, or via the AP's WEB GUI.

Please let me know if you are having trouble locating the country settings in Harmony or the AP's WEB GUI.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• ProgjesProgjes Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2015

Hi @vybhavram, the only way to change the language is by the web gui. Using the app, it is not possible (at least, it doesn't work). And this is a problem with automatic channel selection (since not all channels are supported in all countries (Netherlands)). Are you adressing this issue in the app? (both initial setup and later changes?)

Hello @Progjes ,

I believe it is possible with the APP once the user logs in. But thank you for bring this to my attention. We will verify this behavior and revert.

Regards,
    Vybhav

Hello @Progjes ,

Here's an update. Once the AP's have been configured, you should be able to change the Country code via the Harmony APP for Android.

However, there seems to be some issues with the iOS APP doing the same thing. We are investigating this in the backend and we will be fixing it soon.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• ProgjesProgjes Member Posts: 42

Hi @vybhavram, thnx for the feedback and glad I could be of help improving the software. Btw.. the accesspoint is almost 'boring', since it works so well!! no more tweaking, configurating etc.. it just works incredible.

Any feedback (especially positive) drives us to work harder. So, thank you for that @Progjes ! :)