APs connected to cloud are shown offline but working

andreasgandreasg Member Posts: 9

Hello, for the last couple of weeks, we have been receiving feedback from a few of our partners that a lot of their installations have an issue with the connectivity of the CloudManager and Xi-1 access points. Specifically the issue involves an error where Xi-1 access points are shown on CloudManager that are offline, their PWR LED is solid RED, but the APs themselves still broadcast WiFi and continue accepting connections from mobile devices (we have a very small number of cases that the APs DO NOT broadcast their SSID and are completely offline).

I understand that Xclaim is a dead product now... I understand that End of Sales have been issued... But CloudManager (as a service) and support are still running until summer 2021. Shouldn't there be active support on your products until that date? There is no need to further develop the online platform or the APs (this hasn't been done for years now) but can you at least solve the current issues? Or at least is there still anyone there in Xclaim (or Ruckus for that matter) that has at least the decency to confirm to us if you will support or the product or not until mid-2021?

Comments

• rameshcrameshc Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 247

Hi @andreasg,

Yes, we will support the product until 2021 and we are committed towards that. Can we have a call to understand your better?

Thanks
    Ramesh

• andreasgandreasg Member Posts: 9

Hello Ramesh, apologies for the long delay in replying, I have been out of office for a number of weeks as I have been working in different projects. I have conducted a number of different troubleshooting sessions in various clients in order to identify the issue and help you in troubleshooting.

In all of our sessions, we have noticed that mainly it is the Xi-1 APs that produce this error... In fewer occasions, we also saw the rest of the Xclaim lineup present similar behavior (mainly with Xo-1 APs). Around 10-15% of the total number of APs at any given site is connected to the cloud while the rest are shown as disconnected. In all of our sessions the issue is exactly the same. APs are NOT connected to the cloud and the PWR LED is blinking RED. All access points continue to broadcast their respective SSIDs (using the configuration they already had from the cloud before disconnecting) but the blinking RED APs cannot receive any new configuration. We have tried re-configuring the problematic APs by factory reset and deleting from cloud so that we follow the proper installation process from step one. In most occasions, the APs DID NOT reconnect again to the cloud after we added them via the portal. There was a small number of APs that did connect to the cloud successfully but after a period of 5-10 minutes they all disconnected again and stayed like that for the duration of the troubleshooting (blinking RED again).

I have no idea why this is going on... Since we now know that the cloud will shut down in 2021, we need at least for our current installations to be in working condition until then. I have heard from other partners that they have the same problem and again its mainly focused on the Xi-1 access points. Is there a specific problem with these APs? Can it be fixed?

Thank you

Hi @andreasg ,

Thank you so much for your effort. Can you please let me know the switch/router make and model to which the AP's are connected?

Thanks
    Ramesh

We have a variety of switches used in these projects, mainly its netgear and cisco switches. Netgear is mainly GS752T while Cisco is mainly SGE2010P. As for router we are using mainly Cyberoam/Sophos firewalls (if the client requires web filtering, application filtering and authentication services) or Cisco 800 series for more simple setups. Please note that we have been using these type of setups well before these issues began and we never had a problem with the APs. As part of our troubleshooting, we did try temporary replacing a router in one of our clients with a more simple router (Mikrotik). We also have the ports TCP 443 and UDP 123 open for the APs but these did not change anything in their behavior, the problem still persists...

Ramesh, I still dont have a solid reply from you... As days pass, I am receiving an increasing number of reports from people using Xclaim AP... All reports describe the same problem.. The most worrying aspect is that the problem is now seen with other types of models as well (Xi-2, Xi-3 AND Xo-1). I am even getting reports from very small installations that include 2-3 APs only. These APs work in a very simple networking scenario (connected directly to the Internet without needing to run through firewalls etc). This is NOT an issue with hardware equipment, not switches, not routers. It is fairly obvious that this is a problem with the XCLAIM CLOUD!!!!!!!! Since I have read through other posts in this forum from people that have the same issue, it is clear that wwe are not alone in facing this matter.. I want to know exactly what is going on... What is EXACTLY THE PROBLEM WITH THE CONNECTIVITY BETWEEN THE CLOUD AND THE ACCESS POINTS? Also are you able to FIX THIS PROBLEM OR NOT.

I request that you please update me on the current situation. I need to know how I will handle this situation.

Thank you

Hi @andreasg,

Let have a call to understand your issue better.

Thanks
    Ramesh

I have contacted you in private with my contact details.

Thank you