Harmony 1.1 is in the store!

ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
edited February 2015 in What's New
This process typically takes 10 days to get approved. We are working on finalizing the same updates for Android and you can expect them "around" the same time. We also should be publishing new AP images today (auto update) with a few new features and then support for major app changes.

I have created a walkthrough of all the changes coming. Please check it out here.

Harmony 1.1 for iOS Update Notes

Harmony 1.1 Update Video

Comments

• arcane613arcane613 Member Posts: 10
    Charlotte! Cute puppy.

haha. anyhow, both the app and web UI update look good
  • fullbarsfullbars Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2015
    Is there a maximum that you can rate limit? Based on photos the slider doesn't seem like it has a wide range. Looks like unlimited-5 Mbps?
  • VanburenVanburen Member Posts: 29
    I hope Charlotte likes the idea of a new discovery module and sync protocol as much as I do!

But got to say, looks like some really solid (and needed) updates. Looking forward to trying out the new version. especially happy about the multi-device support.

@ericsr Is there any chance of having some sort of update blog or email distribution list? At lot of people wont come to the forum enough to notice updates, also information can end up being buried in forum threads after a while.
  • johanjohan Member Posts: 29
    Is Charlotte the price ? Or do you have other cool stuff for us :D

Looking forward to test the new firmware update and the new improvement in the APP.

And when will you expect the "cloud management" to be availiable, I think that will be a game changer for many resellers....?
  • ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
    Vanburen said:

I hope Charlotte likes the idea of a new discovery module and sync protocol as much as I do!

But got to say, looks like some really solid (and needed) updates. Looking forward to trying out the new version. especially happy about the multi-device support.

@ericsr Is there any chance of having some sort of update blog or email distribution list? At lot of people wont come to the forum enough to notice updates, also information can end up being buried in forum threads after a while.

This is the point of the forums. At this point we are not looking to implement any email lists but your request is noted. Thanks for reading the document!

Eric
    johan said:

Is Charlotte the price ? Or do you have other cool stuff for us :D

Looking forward to test the new firmware update and the new improvement in the APP.

And when will you expect the "cloud management" to be availiable, I think that will be a game changer for many resellers....?

We had a winner for the first person to post but prizes will be in rewards of new features! :) Cloud management is planned for first half of this year.
    We are LIVE (should be in a few hours) for iOS 1.1 release!!! Feedback welcome. You MUST be on AP firmware 1.0 build 83
    Android is still being worked on and we anticipate the release soon (5-7 days).

Major features in this release:

- Brand new iPad version!
    - Show password on Wizard (prevent duplicate typing) - User Request
    - Skip SSID setup on Wizard
    - Ability to set SSID per radio - User Request
    - Hide SSID per WLAN - User Request
    - Rate shaping per WLAN - User Request
    - Set channel width settings per radio (20MHz, 40MHz, 80MHz)

The key intangibles for this release are:

- Brand new discovery module based on Bonjour (mDNS) - super fast / super reliable
    - Communications protocol between Harmony and APs has been rearchitected around reliable https process
  • johanjohan Member Posts: 29
    Just a little question - if a costumer buys an AP today and download the Harmony APP (1.1)
    Will he then be in trouble because of "old" firmware on the AP ?
    johan said:

Just a little question - if a costumer buys an AP today and download the Harmony APP (1.1)
    Will he then be in trouble because of "old" firmware on the AP ?

The app will warn you of old firmware and remind of firmware update. The process is automatic on the AP, just requires a reboot to start using the new firmware.
  • SpringsSprings Member Posts: 114
    I find that on my test unit... a reboot got the new firmware.
    Strangely when I opened harmony it told me I needed to update firmware.

This happened last time too.
    Yea. There are multiple partitions to get updated.
  • hr_wifihr_wifi Member Posts: 15
    When will the android version be released?
    hr_wifi said:

When will the android version be released?

We are hoping this week. We are heads down at work on it. We will let you know. Thanks!
  • RODFiRODFi Member Posts: 60
    ericsr said:

We are working on finalizing the same updates for Android and you can expect them "around" the same time.

Harmony 1.1 Update Video

It's been a few days.. Any updates on Android for this? Enquiring minds want to know.
    RODFi said:

ericsr said:

We are working on finalizing the same updates for Android and you can expect them "around" the same time.

Harmony 1.1 Update Video

It's been a few days.. Any updates on Android for this? Enquiring minds want to know.
    RODFi said:

ericsr said:

Harmony 1.1 Update Video

See the previous post. :smiley: