(again?) AP online but offline in CM

HeathlandHeathland Member Posts: 79

Hi guys,

Since a few weeks I'm noticing that several AP's are being displayed (again) OFFLINE in CM, but visiting the customer premises the AP led is green (!) To make things sure, I have rebooted the AP (after that, AP is online in CM) but after a few days, it's offline again (and again looking at the AP led, it's green)

The only similarity is that all the AP's which are having this issue (in my case) are Xi-1 AP's
Using Xi-2, Xi-3 and Xo-1, no problems occur. Can this be caused by a hardware limitation / CPU load kind of issue?

And, do other Xclaim users experience the same?

Please let us know, thank you!

BR

Comments

• lmarcolmarco Member Posts: 6

Hi,
    I've the same problem with 2 different scenario with Xi-1...

all AP's offline, reply on ping and looking the AP led is green fixed
    on CloudManager, under clients, the clients connected over offline AP are not shows, but they work with no problem...
    It's possible a problem of CloudManager??
    in some case after a reboot of AP it solve the problem, in other cases not change occour on CloudManager
    I think no, but anyone know if It's possible to restart AP's from lan?

• HeathlandHeathland Member Posts: 79

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who's having this kind of issue.
    Don't know if you have a Managed PoE switch (shut/no shut of interface) but you can't SSH directly to the Xclaim AP's if they are managed by CloudManager.

In my case: i have to call the customer to reboot the AP (very annoying, no VPN options, it's a simple setup)

What can we do Xclaim? It's no option to swop the Xi-1 AP's for a Xi-2 version ..

BR!

In my case: i have to call the customer to reboot the AP (very annoying, no VPN options, it's a simple setup)

is the same for me!!!!

• HeathlandHeathland Member Posts: 79

@rameshc @shriramrs Please take a look at this issue (as mentioned in other post)

Thank you!