AP offline in cloud

AnderAnder Member Posts: 10

Hi
we have 25 AP XClaim XI3 in my bussiness in 5 different places.
Some Ap turn offline for houres and i have to swtich them off and switch them on and then works
In the cloud manager the AP are offline but in factory the AP are online.
In the firewall are open TCP 443 and UDP 123
Firmware: 2.2.0.0.39

Regards,
Ander

Comments

• shriramrsshriramrs Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 205

Hi @Ander,

Can you please let me know the LED status on the AP which is offline in the Cloudmanager?
    Please make sure that the SSL(TCP 443) , ICMP and NTP (UDP 123) traffic to passthrough on both ways to ensure that the AP communicates with Cloudmanager.
    Also, check the ethernet cables which are connected to the APs.

Regards,
    Shriram

• AnderAnder Member Posts: 10

Hi
    Led in the AP it's green but in cloud are red (offline).
    The AP responds to ping.
    In the Firewall port 443 and 123 are open.
    Not posible the problem with ethernet because this problem i have in 13 diferent AP, diferent factories and diferent countries.

Regards,
    Ander

• rameshcrameshc Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 115

Hello @Ander,

Can we have a webex session to debug the issue?

Thanks
    Ramesh

Hi
    Yes, of course
    how do we proceed?

Can you please share your contact details to [email protected] ?

Thanks
    Ramesh

• HeathlandHeathland Member Posts: 50

@ramesch Hi, as mentioned in another thread, still 16 AP's offline in Cloudmanager, visiting a few customer sites learn, that AP's are UP, LED is green, and the units are working fine.

Please, as requested earlier, can you do some debugging? This is very inconvenient for my company!
    We have had recent contact in the past via DM and Skype, you can stille use my Cloudmanager Credentials, they haven't changed.
    If you want me to send them via DM, please let me now ASAP!

Thank you in advance.

BR!

@ramesch Hi, a little update, did some first/minor testing.

When adding new AP's it takes up to 7-20 minutes before the AP is visible as "ONLINE" in Cloudmanager, is this behavior/amount of time within specs? In my opinion, in the recent past, it would normally take up to 5 minutes for a AP to come online in Cloudmanager.

Can the above suggestion be related to this issue? "AP's are physically online at customer site, but due to refresh rate of Cloudmanager backend they seem to be offline, something like that.

Needless to say, very inconvenient, I can't deploy any new AP's at this moment (due to the amount of time and Cloudmanager which isn't stable)

Thank you in advance for updating us regarding this issue!

BR!

Thanks, @Heathland as per our analysis there seems to be an issue with our Cloud Service provider. We will be posting another update today.

Thanks
    Ramesh

• rmeijerrmeijer Member Posts: 27

bumb... Any update yet? My access points are randomly going down and up all the time (blinking red light).

• jjm.smitsjjm.smits Member Posts: 8

Same problem here in the last few weeks, different AP's, different locations. Emails from cloudmanager, warning AP offline. But they are not, at least to the internet. Just looked at the AP near to my home workplace. Blinking 3times green, pause, blinking again. Now steady.

Don't know whats happening at your company: not even the cloudservice seems to have troubles: your support for RMA also seems to be offline......... (do not hear nothing anymore about a registrated complaint)

@rameshc Ok, problems can occur, these kinds of things happen, I can understand .... but:

• It takes for a company like Arris/Ruckus to much time to solve this kind of issue
    • Updates, regarding this issue aren't posted on the forum (you're last post regarding this is from 22th of December, you promised us an update)
    • I have the feeling that the Xclaim product doesn't get the highest priority within the Arris/Ruckus group (eg. slow support / product roadmap etc)

As mentioned before, I still strongly believe in the Xclaim product as a serious competitor for e.g. Ubiquiti but you guys have to get things better UP and Running regarding Support, RMA, product roadmap and developing.

At this moment, holiday season and several customers which use the Xclaim products (which my company recommended) in hospitality/hotel environment and I can supply them the support they need, because this Cloudmanager issue which ongoing ...

So Rameshc, can you please tell us what(!) is causing this issue and the amount of time which it will approximately take to solve this.
    Thank you!

BR!

• shriramrsshriramrs Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 205

Hello,

Our sincere apologies for the issues caused. Our technical team is debugging on this issue and will resolve this issue very soon.

Regards,
    Xclaim team

Hi @shriramrs @rameshc

Seems like the issue has been solved? Slowly all of my Offline AP's are being displayed as "online" in Cloudmanager.
    Did you guys give the AP a reboot? Uptime of the units which are online again, is just a few hours.

Please let us know and thank you for solving this issue!

BR!

Hi
    I would like to know the progress of the incident.
    I wrote to rameshc several times and I haven't answer
    Thanks

@shriramrs @rameshc Still any issue(s) ??
    Unfortunately still three AP's which are offline in Cloudmanager due to the issue as mentioned above.

Can you guys post an update? Thank you.

BR!

• zakavierzakavier Member Posts: 7

Same problems for me. One AP looks offline in cloud manager but is not. My two others AP are ok. Rebooting all these three AP doesn't change anything.

I have some other errors in display of Cloud manager. For example... I have 2 networks broadcasting. I know for sure I have one device connected to network2 but cloud manager say that no clients are connected to network2... And many many other things like this. Refreshing list, clearing cache of my browser doesn't change anything.

Please do something, there is a problem with cloud manager.

My AP's are online, but the cloudmanager says they are down... Weird!
    @rameshc any update? Why is it so hard to fix this issue? Can you PLEASE COMMUNICATE!!?

Some new problems for me. I think all are linked to cloudmanager and it started to become unusable!!!
    1st problem: some AP look offline as mentioned in this post.
    2nd problem: I have 2 wifi network. If I disable one in cloudmanager, the wifi network remain visible AND accessible. I wait for 5 hour but nothing change...
    3rd problem: Client list is not right. I have some clients connected but not listed in client list.

Please, work on cloudmanager AND COMMUNICATE!!!. Your hardware is excellent but cloudmanager is now completely bugged!

What a mess this issue..!
    Problem still not solved, no updates from RD and no communication.

I will never... never buy a product again from Ruckus! What a disaster! OMG!

Don't know what's happening @ Ruckux/Xclaim (or Arris) but Cloudmanager is still a big mess at the moment.

• AP's are being displayed as offline, but visiting customer site(s) the same AP's are online on the exact same moment.
    • Refreshrate of Cloudmanager environment is dramatic (slow?) Cloudmanager display's clients which should be online, but those clients aren't online. More specific: those clients already have left the building/disconnected from AP. Another example: last week I've visited a customer, connected my MacBook, but it took Cloudmanager a very long time (hours) before my MB was being displayed as connected/online.
    • It takes a severe amount of time before AP's will come online after adding them in Cloudmanager (solid Green LED)

I have already spoken to the Dutch sales representative of Ruckus/Xclaim and they admit that the Xclaim product and Cloudmanager are suffering a big issue which can't be solved within a reasonable amount of time. Stupid thing: they also don't (!) know the exact cause and expected time to solve this issue even after asking several times, they don't get an answer either!

Communication within the Ruckus/Xclaim group .......... (please fill in yourself)

So guys @ Ruckus/Xclaim, please give us an exact update what's going on! That shouldn't be so hard? And (again) if you need any debugging please let me know, I would like to help you to solve this issue as quick as possible.

Hi @Heathland,

Thanks for extending your support. We have identified the root cause trying to get this addressed from our Cloud Partner/ Service provider. We have a workaround in place and will reach out to few of our customers to test the fix. We will reach out to you as well.

Thanks
    Ramesh

@rameshc Ok, can you tell us (if needed via DM) when you guys will implement this workaround? And if any additional information is needed, please let me know! I can send this to you a.s.a.p.

BR!

@rameshc If you need informations on my access points or something else for helping on this issue, don't hesitate to ask.

@zakavier

We have a build ready with the fix.

@rameshc
    ok. If you want me to test, feel free!!