AP Firmware release 2.2.0.0.39

2»

Comments

• rameshcrameshc Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 95

Hi @Eggers,

We need to collect some logs from the AP.

Thanks
    Ramesh

• EggersEggers Member Posts: 10

You are welcome. How do you suggest we do that ? Skype ? Teamviewer ?

You can catch me on Skype ol@encode.dk

• BigMutjeBigMutje Member Posts: 3

i also get the email , but the AP wasn't offline

• hulsbeekhulsbeek Member Posts: 1

After upgrading to 2.2.0.0.39 I also keep getting AP offline email alerts.
    I have about 40 AP's, on different sites.
    the offline message varies for one AP or the other, but it happens in all sites

before no issues!
    for sure it is something in the latest software or a problem with cloudmanager.

• AdoudouAdoudou Member Posts: 13

@rameshc @Eggers is the problem solved?
    I have the same, after reading you i thng also it's from firmware update 2.2.0.0.39

Thanks for the feed back

Hi @Adoudou,

We will be releasing a firmware release this week to address offline notification.

Thanks
    Ramesh

Hi @rameshc ,

Thanks for your feed back.
    But how can i upgrade my firmaware if my AP is Offline?

Best regards

Weirdly, after pressing "upgrade" in the console, the AP´s still report firmware 2.0.0.39 but claims no update available....

@Eggers said:
    Weirdly, after pressing "upgrade" in the console, the AP´s still report firmware 2.0.0.39 but claims no update available....

Update: 3 of 4 AP´s now report the correct firmware and is back online.... the fourth is tad quirky though. Seems the upgrade takes longer than usual to complete. I´ll update this....

@Eggers said:

@Eggers said:

Update: 3 of 4 AP´s now report the correct firmware and is back online.... the fourth is tad quirky though. Seems the upgrade takes longer than usual to complete. I´ll update this....

Update: The fourth AP came online after having to unplug it, wait 10 seconds and plugging it in again and let it boot. It finally registered as updated to the latest firmware and is now reporting as "Online" in the console. Now I just hope it fixes the random power downs.

After upgrading to the new firmware that was intended to fix the problem, one of my AP´s just dropped out and came back online. I hope that´s just a fluke.

Hi @rameshc

I upgraded most of my AP ( 22 on 29 ) but apparently,bug are not totally fixed.
    I have one upgraded AP (2.2.0.0.40) who looks OFFLINE in the cloud manager and 5 other AP's ( already upgraded) on the same site/network are ONLINE in the cloud.It's really strange and note confortable as WIFI administrator.

I hope that Xclaim will solve all issues in short time,

Thanks for your feed back and attention

Hi @Adoudou,

Can we have a webex session sometime next week based on your availability?

Thanks
    Ramesh

Hi @rameshc ,

Thanks for your answer.
    Of course,we could have the session on

Monday 21th of january between 11 am and 7 pm ( GMT brussels), would be the best
    Tuesday 22th of January between 1 am and 8pm ( GMT Brussels)
    Thursday 24th of January between 6 pm and 8pm ( GMT Brussels)

Thnaks for sending me confirmation and procedure

Hi @Adoudou,

We can have the session 1 hr from now i.e around 12 PM Brussels time. Please share your email id to ramesh.chandrasekar@arris.com.

Thanks
    Ramesh

@rameshc

Thanks for the webex yesterday.
    Ufortunately, i confirm that there is always a bug in the cloud manager.
    Also several upgraded AP's ( between 7 to 13 depending nothing) are staying OFFLINE in the cloud manager, but working fine on the venue. Consequence is that we lost the management of the AP and the added value of the solution.

I hope that Xclaim ( by Ruckus) will deploy soon a new version of the cloud manager to fix the problem.

Thanks for considerention of our requests.

Best regards

2»