Xi-2 strange behavior

Hello,

Few months ago deployed a Xi-2 at customer site. No problems until 2.2.0.0.36
After upgrading, connected clients suffer disconnections from AP and latency / high ping time.

Also the LED is blinking green/red.
Reboot solves the issue for a few hours, but than issue re-occurs.

Both 2,4/5 GHz channel static values.

AP seems to be online in Cloudmanager / connected properly.

To make things stable again at clients site, i had to swop the Xi-2 for a Xi-3, from that moment everything worked fine. Not an ideal situation ....

At seccond client site, a Xi-2 setup as stand alone (no Cloudmanager) suffers the same problems.
Only difference is that the led isn't blinking green/red, but stays green.

Any suggestions?

BR

Comments

• shriramrsshriramrs Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 167

Hi @Heathland ,

AP LED is blinking red indicates that the AP is unable to reach CloudManager via the internet. This usually indicates an internet connectivity issue.

Can you please check the following and let us know?

1. Please set non overlapping channel(1,6,11) in 2.4 Ghz radio and non-DFS channels for 5Ghz radio.
      Too much interference from WiFi APs and non-WiFi sources such as microwaves, cordless phones, analog security cameras, audio headsets, radars, etc. can also be one of the reasons.
    2. Are you seeing client disconnections on both the radios(2.4Ghz/5Ghz)? Please try to connect to a single frequency instead of keeping both radios enabled. For example, create a network with only 5Ghz radio enabled , attach it to the AP and try to connect to it.
    3. If possible, try to remove the AP from the Cloudmanager and add it again after sometime. This will reset the AP and will re-apply the configuration again from Cloudmanager.

Regards,
    Shriram

• HeathlandHeathland Member Posts: 31

Hi Shriram,

1- By default I only use non overlapping channel (before deploying, first a Site Survey and measurement of S/N, channelusage using a Xi-2 in a test setup)
    2- Client disconnections occur on both radios, but it seems like when client wants to switch back from 5 GHz to 2,4 GHz, client disconnects and stays disconnected. To make a connection with AP again, I have to disable/enable WiFi on client devices.
    3- Strangest thing is that the AP looks OK in Cloudmanager, for example, I can change the RF level on 5 GHz, or SSID and this will be succesfully deployed on AP (measurement) but why keeps the led blinking RED/GREEN/RED/GREEN (en so on) so in my opinion, a connection with Cloudmanager is available.

Any suggestions?

BR

Hi Shriram,

Any updates/suggestions?
    At this moment a second customer site experiences the same issue with the use of an Xi-2.

Please let me know.

BR

• shriramrsshriramrs Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 167

Hi @Heathland ,

Please let me know if it is possible to have a webex session to debug this issue.

Regards,
    Shriram

Hi Shriram,

Of course we can have a webex!
    But I have to mention that the Xi-2 at customer site has recently been replaced with a Xi-1 due to the inconvenience this behaviour caused.
    After this swop issue seems to be solved at customer site.

At this moment the same Xi-2 is in use in a test setup at the office, this setup is a little bit different as the one at customer site, but occasionally the latency/high ping time occurs at the most random moments using this test setup.

I will try to setup a identical setup as the one at customer side, but I need another CPE from the local internet/cable provider to make things 100% the same. As we speak I'm having contact with their support desk and they are willing to cooperate.

I'll keep you posted!

BR