Device connected, but no internet

Hi,

This is a problem i see regularly, we have many devices connected to the network and they work just fine. But there are some devices that will connect and have no internet. This occurs allot with android-devices.

If i just connect them with another router, it is fine, they have internet, but why does it not work with the x-claims? I already tried to forget the network but no luck. Also when i set static IP address and DNS, it says connected, but there is no internet.

I also noticed it works after i update the phone to android 7.0, but what about those that don't get the update? How do i get those connected?

Anyone here got a solution for this problem? As it is an annoying problem, and i hate it when people say wifi is not working..

Comments

• inter808inter808 Member Posts: 16

I am having a similar experience. Since the last 2 firmware updates, when devices connect to the 2nd AP (mesh), the devices will be connected, but Internet does not work. The workaround is to disconnect for about a minute then reconnect to the wi-fi. As far as we can tell, it only happens to the 5ghz.

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,064

@Andy said:
    Hi,

This is a problem i see regularly, we have many devices connected to the network and they work just fine. But there are some devices that will connect and have no internet. This occurs allot with android-devices.

If i just connect them with another router, it is fine, they have internet, but why does it not work with the x-claims? I already tried to forget the network but no luck. Also when i set static IP address and DNS, it says connected, but there is no internet.

I also noticed it works after i update the phone to android 7.0, but what about those that don't get the update? How do i get those connected?

Anyone here got a solution for this problem? As it is an annoying problem, and i hate it when people say wifi is not working..

Hello Andy,

Can we have a webex meeting sometime? We can log into your AP and have a look at the logs/packets to see why some of your clients are unable to access the internet.

If this sounds ok, can you please DM a convenient date and time to me?

Regards,
    Vybhav

• SarahBishopSarahBishop Member Posts: 1

Do this test while connected to router.
    -First type ipconfig and tell us if it is on the 192.168.x.x range or you get an ip like 169.x.x.x .
    -If your ip is in 192.168.x.x range and matching your routers ip (like if your router's ip is 192.168.1.1 your computer ip must be something like 192.168.1.2), run 2 ping tests.
    ping 8.8.8.8
    ping www.google.com