VLANs Xclaim

cgbdiodecgbdiode Member Posts: 5
edited May 13 in Settings

Hi,
I'm a noob with Xclaim and I want to do some tests.
Goal: Create two SSID associated to two VLANs at Xclaim Xo-1
More Info:

• We have two TP-Link Switches: T2600G-28TS, T1600G-52PS and two APs: TP-Link EAP225, Xclaim Xo-1
  • We want to have 2 VLANs plus Management VLAN (native/default)
    VLAN:1 (management)/VLAN:100/VLAN:200

• At this moment I don't have an enterprise router with Multi-nets or similar, this is because I do some strange things.

• I have connected Xo-1 to other simple network without VLANs for receive all the settings from cloud manager because I don't have internet access in the network with VLANs (As I indicated before, I don't have a multinets router yet). In cloud manager I have configured two guest SSID, one with VLAN:100 (guest) and other with VLAN:200(employees)
  • I have other brand AP, TP-Link, and also I create two SSID. One associated with VLAN:100(guest) and other associated with VLAN:200(employees)
  • I have created three routing interfaces and DHCP Server enabled with three different IP pools for each VLAN.
    VLAN:1 (management VLAN)----------->192.168.10.0/24
    VLAN:100---------> 192.168.100.0/24
    VLAN:200---------> 192.168.200.0/24

• VLAN Settings:

T2600G-28TS:
VLAN 1: All ports------------Access------------PVID: 1

VLAN100:
Port 3------------Trunk------------PVID:1
Port 9-16------------General UNTAG------------PVID:100 (for PC and other resources)

VLAN200:
Port 3------------Trunk------------PVID:1
Port 17-24------------General UNTAG------------PVID:200 (for PC and other resources)

T1600G-52PS:
VLAN 1: All ports------------Access------------PVID: 1

VLAN100:
Port 3------------TAG------------PVID:1
Port 17-32------------UNTAG------------PVID:100 (for PC and other resources)
Port 14,16------------TAG------------PVID:1 (for APs)

VLAN200:
Port 3------------TAG------------PVID:1
Port 33-48------------UNTAG------------PVID:200 (for PC and other resources)
Port 14,16------------TAG------------PVID:1 (for APs)

• Tests:
    -If I connect any PC to any VLAN 100 Port I get a correct IP, 192.168.100.X (The same happens on both switches)

-If I connect any PC to any VLAN 200 Port I get a correct IP, 192.168.200.X (The same happens on both switches)

-If I connect via WiFi to SSID Guest broadcast by TP-Link AP, I get a correct IP 192.168.100.X. If I connect to SSID Employees broadcast by TP-Link AP, I get a correct IP 192.168.200.X

-If I connect via WiFi to SSID Guest broadcast by Xo-1, I don't get IP. If I connect to SSID Employees broadcast by Xo-1, I don't get IP

-Xo-1 gets a management VLAN 192.168.10.X.

-I have tried to connect SOHO router in management VLAN for provide Internet Access to devices for to see if the problem is that Xclaim AP requires every time communication with cloud manager.

• Problem: I can't do VLANs works with this Xclaim AP

Comments

• shriramrsshriramrs Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 150

Hi @cgbdiode ,

Can you please check if the AP is in latest firmware version (2.2.0.0.29)? If not, please reboot the AP twice with a gap of 10 minutes between each reboot.
    If possible, we can schedule a webex session to debug this issue.

Regards,
    Shriram

• cgbdiodecgbdiode Member Posts: 5
    edited May 15

Thanks for your reply @shriramrs !
    Yes, Xclaim ap is in latest firmware, I saw that older versions had some problems with VLANs. I am pretty sure that I did some wrong config. Tomorrow Iw would test your reboot tip. Is it necessary that AP has communication with cloud all the time? I supposed that when I change settings via cloud manager after 15 minutes AP must be receive this settings.

Hi,

Yes. The AP should stay connected to the Cloudmanager to get the changes applied to the AP immediately.

Regards,
    Shriram

Thanks!
    Do you have any idea about which is the problem?

Hi @cgbdiode ,

We need to login to the AP to debug this issue further.
    Is it possible to have a webex session now?

Regards,
    Shriram

Thanks for all your help! All the problems have been created by a broken ethernet cable. A pair from it was broken and this cause strange problems.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Hi,
    I've been doing more tests and I have some questions:

• Is it possible bind SSID to some vlans in the same subnet?

or it is necessary that each VLAN have his own subnet?