AP will not stay online

ericyewericyew Member Posts: 6

Just setup 2 Xo-1 devices in a single hop mesh. Both devices work and comes online, but after say 15 min they will drop offline. What is wrong?

Tagged:

Comments

• shriramrsshriramrs Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 142

Please confirm if you have set static channel for the radios on the Root AP. This will ensure that the channelfly behavior doesn't make the mesh link to fluctuate.
    Does the mesh link recover after sometime?

Regards,
    Shriram

• ericyewericyew Member Posts: 6
    edited April 5
    shriramrs said:

Please confirm if you have set static channel for the radios on the Root AP. This will ensure that the channelfly behavior doesn't make the mesh link to fluctuate.
    Does the mesh link recover after sometime?

Regards,
    Shriram

Issue wasn't with the mesh.. That was working as expected.. Was the AP communicating with cloud manager. But I managed to fix it by setting up port trigger on TCP 443 and UDP 123.

edited April 6
     offline again. But I am using the xclaim ap right now to post this..what is wrong with this "enterprise" wifi? 
    It feels like when the AP drops offline for any reason, it has no clue how to get back online until you power cycle the AP. 

Please check if you have opened the SSL(TCP 443) , ICMP and NTP (UDP 123) ports on both ways in case you have a firewall. These 3 ports need to be opened to ensure that the AP communicates with CloudManager and vice-versa. This may be due to internet connectivity as well.
    Does the AP comes back online in Cloudmanager after sometime?

Regards,
    Shriram

edited April 6
    No it doesn't come back online. I was online the whole day until I made a change. I added an ssid network. After the, it went offline and stayed offline the whole night. This morning I power cycle it and it came back online on cloud manager. 
    Where can I extract logs to see what's happening? 

Hi @ericyew ,

Would it be possible for us to have a Webex meeting when the AP goes offline again in Cloudmanager?
    We can login to the AP via SSH and check the issue.

Regards,
    Shriram

shriramrs said:

Hi @ericyew ,

Would it be possible for us to have a Webex meeting when the AP goes offline again in Cloudmanager?
    We can login to the AP via SSH and check the issue.

Regards,
    Shriram

Yes we can, but I'll need to tee a time up with you in a months took me as I will be away for a month.

Hi @ericyew ,

Please look for my DM.

Regards,
    Shriram