Harmony Update coming soon...

ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457
edited January 2015 in What's New
Need to make sure everyone is on the latest AP firmware (build 47 today). We will be releasing new firmware in the coming days for the APs as well. The updates are automatic but do not take effect until the AP is rebooted.

Have a great week!

Comments

• SimonG2015SimonG2015 Member Posts: 10
    Can we have an idea of what the firmware release does ?
  • ericsrericsr Member Posts: 457

Can we have an idea of what the firmware release does ?

As soon as its ready I will release all the details, promise. :smile:
  • CarlHCarlH Member Posts: 9
    Any further thoughts as to when this will be please Eric?
    We are actively working on it. Its MAJOR and therefore requires more diligence on our side. I will send a note the minute its submitted to Apple for review.
  • sx9090sx9090 Member Posts: 16
    What happened to the AP update that was coming last week? Are you waiting until you get approval from Apple before you push that update?
    Hopefully AP firmware next week and app 10 days after.
  • pl804pl804 Member Posts: 9
    I'm on 47 and ran fw update, and got this msg which was interesting. Is this expected?

xclaim : fw update
    fw: Updating rcks_wlan.bkup ...

Image2 FW check ...

MD5 = 9AE5C5124BE2E5CAE786E3ED21C96322
    FW=0 not MAIN or BKUP
    mtd(rcks_wlan.bkup) size=1245184 < 9555968
    New bkup firmware size=9555968 is too big
    ** new firmware too big
    **fw(8123) : File too large
    Yes. This procedure is not recommended. If you reboot the AP it should upgrade the other partition. I do not encourage these unsupported methods, however, I do understand some folks need.

The best thing is to reboot the AP 3 times, with a delay between each reboot of about 3 mins.

Eric
  • JohnAJohnA Member Posts: 14
    Will this new FW update fix the problem with the web interface. this doesn't appear to work. Tried Google Chrome and IE (with latest windows updates). can get to login page, but when you click login we get page not found. Seems pretty flaky to me at the moment. used to selling Zone Director systems where it's all bomb proof and works every time. I have another post about this sisue in the settings forum.
    JohnA said:

Will this new FW update fix the problem with the web interface. this doesn't appear to work. Tried Google Chrome and IE (with latest windows updates). can get to login page, but when you click login we get page not found. Seems pretty flaky to me at the moment. used to selling Zone Director systems where it's all bomb proof and works every time. I have another post about this sisue in the settings forum.

There have been no reports of issues with the web interface. I use Chrome everyday. Its a self signed certificate, like ZD, but sometimes that can prevent access to the page. Please give me more info so I can help.
  • nickojorgenickojorge Member Posts: 10
    I'm looking forward to the update. There's been a lot of progress in recent updates, and the web interface was a welcome addition.

The only remaining problem I'm having is clients getting disconnected/failing to connect to the 5 GHz band. My Chromebooks consistently won't connect to 5 GHz at all, but are fine on 2.4 GHz. And my Windows PC (with a Broadcom wireless card) will connect and work fine for a while, and then silently stop working. It will show that its connected, but no traffic gets through. I've set the channel to a static non-DFS channel. Meanwhile, Android and iOS devices have had no problems. Weird.

I'm looking forward to the update. There's been a lot of progress in recent updates, and the web interface was a welcome addition.

The only remaining problem I'm having is clients getting disconnected/failing to connect to the 5 GHz band. My Chromebooks consistently won't connect to 5 GHz at all, but are fine on 2.4 GHz. And my Windows PC (with a Broadcom wireless card) will connect and work fine for a while, and then silently stop working. It will show that its connected, but no traffic gets through. I've set the channel to a static non-DFS channel. Meanwhile, Android and iOS devices have had no problems. Weird.

Are you saying that when using a UNII I channel 36,40,44,or 48 that Chromebooks will not connect?
  • nickojorgenickojorge Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2015
    ericsr said:

Are you saying that when using a UNII I channel 36,40,44,or 48 that Chromebooks will not connect?
    That's right. I tried channels 36 and 40, both with the same problem. I also tried multiple channel width settings. I'm attempting to connect using an Acer C720 and a Toshiba CB35-B3340.
    ericsr said:

We are inching closer to the release. The plan is for a submission to Apple tomorrow, so that usually takes 10 days to get into the store. We are planning to release AP firmware tomorrow as well, which would be immediately available for all APs. Android will likely be ready at the same time Apple is released and another announcement will be made. I will fully detail the changes once we release AP firmware.

Thanks for your patience. This is a major update for the Harmony app. Feedback is critical.

It has NOT been submitted yet, in full disclosure. We are tackling one regression bug and hope to submit ASAP.
  • vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,063

That's right. I tried channels 36 and 40, both with the same problem. I also tried multiple channel width settings. I'm attempting to connect using an Acer C720 and a Toshiba CB35-B3340.

Hello Nick,

1) Can you please help me with the version of ChromeOS that you are running on the chromebooks? I remember some issues with chrome OS in the 5Ghz space, let me see if we can find that.Can you also clarify if by "not connecting", do you mean the client is not getting associated (and not being seen as a client on the APP) , or is the client unable to fetch an IP address?

2) Also, are you still facing issues with the Windows machine? If yes, do you see packet drops when you run a continuous Ping to the AP's IP address?

-Vybhav

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,063

Also, I'm assuming you only have 1 AP broadcasting the WLAN that the Windows machine is connecting to ?
  • danwhitedanwhite Member Posts: 1
    ericsr said:

ericsr said:

We are inching closer to the release. The plan is for a submission to Apple tomorrow, so that usually takes 10 days to get into the store. We are planning to release AP firmware tomorrow as well, which would be immediately available for all APs. Android will likely be ready at the same time Apple is released and another announcement will be made. I will fully detail the changes once we release AP firmware.

Thanks for your patience. This is a major update for the Harmony app. Feedback is critical.

It has NOT been submitted yet, in full disclosure. We are tackling one regression bug and hope to submit ASAP.
    Eric - to stay on track - can you post the release notes for the new firmware to wet our whistle some? Love the AP's.
    I will likely post this on Monday. Thanks for staying interested.