OSX clients can't connect

I have a wireless network with a lot of OSX clients. Various laptops in a drop in center so I can't give you detailed information about the clients.

I know that my Windows laptop is able to connect without a problem. All of the OSX clients seem to be having problems. Does anybody have any ideas as to what this could be? I am using an Xi-3 access point.

Comments

• shriramrsshriramrs Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 150

Hi @nsumner ,

Please set static channels for both the radios (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz) and check if it helps. Preferably, non overlapping channel(1,6,11) in 2.4 Ghz radio and non-DFS channels (36 - 48) for 5Ghz radio.
    If the above step doesn't work, please try to connect to a single frequency instead of keeping both radios enabled in the network configuration. For example, create two networks, one with only 2.4Ghz radio enabled and other with only 5Ghz radio enabled, attach the networks to the AP and try to connect the OSX clients to it separately.

Regards,
    Shriram

• jhardwickjhardwick Member Posts: 9

@shriramrs ,

We've been doing this site by site now it seems for the majority of our deployments and it's defeating the majority of the Xclaim feature set. When is the ability to not use DFS channels (while still doing auto channel selection) going to be a thing?