APs randomly giving very high ping times

But it isn't high ping times it is 1000ms only to some locations.

I have a remote site with a direct 100mb connection to our main office. That site has 5 Xi3 APs. Coverage is great and normally my ping times are very low. But they will suddenly jump to over 1000ms.

But here is the odd part. To the local router they will be normal, to another computer at the same site (including a server connected wired) they will be 1000ms+. To the main site 1000ms+. I would possibly blame the switch Dell N3024P BUT if I am connected wired everything appears to be perfect.

In addition until about 3-4 days again everything was working perfectly. The only change that I am aware of is we now have 2 people working off Macs in the office (syncing to Dropbox). Even when I disconnect the Macs however the problem doesn't disappear. If I restart the wireless everything will be great for an hour or two until the problem comes back.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what I can try? The problem is very very odd. BTW the MACs are on a different SSID (and VLAN) than the rest of the computers.

Answers

• nsumnernsumner Member Posts: 9

Well I have to admit my solution was to replace the XClaim units with a UniFi system and the network is rock solid. I have another client having problems with X-Claim units and I am really tempted to replace with UniFi. This is plain embarrassing for my as a vendor. The X-Claim was more expensive and seems to give me nothing but problems! Is there any chance of a new firmware that fixes these lingering issues any time soon? Is XClaim basically now a dead experiment?

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,051

Hello @nsummer,

Apologies for the delay in our response.

Can we have a webex call sometime tomorrow to debug this issue? The issue could be a RF issue.

Please look for my DM.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• nsumnernsumner Member Posts: 9

Sure I am make time for you early in the AM tomorrow.

• sherifsherif Member Posts: 24

What was the outcome of this?