X1 AP cannot handle DHCP broadcasts and crashes

Arpanet69Arpanet69 Member Posts: 6

Dear Support,

Am using a X1 accesspoint connected to a Cisco 3750 switch that also is used as a DHCP server. When connecting the X1 accesspoint to the network the installation went easy and we just needed 1 SSID and thats it.

So i installed the X1 on an accessport on the switch with stp enabled so no portfast..Wich should work just fine. AP comes online and am able to connect clients to the WiFi and they can reach the internet but when i connect the third or fourth one it cannot get an IP adres. In Cloudmanager i see clients with IP address 0.0.0.0 so they start braodcasting for a DHCP server but afther a few minutes the AP led turns red and clients have no access to the internet anymore.

It feels like a broadcast storm in an accesspoint so my question is how can i solve this issue?

Greetings
Arpanet69

Comments

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,051

Hello @Arpanet69 ,

There was an issue with older firmware versions creating a broadcast storm. Can you please check if the AP is running the latest AP firmware version (2.2.0.0.29). You can upgrade the AP to this version by connecting this AP to the internet and rebooting it twice with a gap of 10 minutes between each reboot.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• Arpanet69Arpanet69 Member Posts: 6

Thank for the quick response!

Well its running the latest firmware 2.2.0.0.29

Greetings Arpanet69

Is there a chance this problem still exist?

Tried to reset it multiple times but it doesnt seem to work...
    Hope to find out a solution or i have to replace it with another AP and that would be a shame cause ik like the whole idea of this cloudmanager.

Greetings,
    Niek

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,051
    Hello ,

would it be be possible for us to have a Webex meeting where I could SSh into the AP and check what the issue is ?

regards
    vybhav

Hello vybhav,

Its on a remote location but i can setup it up so you can directly ssh into the AP but i need the ssh user/pass of the accesspoint to test if ssh is working from outside the network.

Greetings,
    Niek

I still have this problem hope you can help me out. I replaced the AP with a new X1 accesspoint but it doesnt solve. Is there any compatible issues i should know about xclaim and cisco 3750 switch? wired device works just fine as for printers, computers, voip phones but the access point is just very unstable.... i have no clue whats going wrong.

Hope to hear from you.

Greetings