Feature Request(s)

Hello,

First request:
Is there a possibility that you guys implement the option to adjust the TX power of the AP if used in a stand-alone setup? At this moment, this feature is only available through Cloudmanager.

Second request:
An option to monitor the (exact) quality/statistics of the mesh link in Cloudmanager.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards!

Comments

• shriramrsshriramrs Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 158

Hi @Heathland ,

We are no longer releasing updates for stand-alone setup since we encourage our customers to manage APs via CloudManager. CloudManager has far more superior features that are not available when managing the APs via the local mode.
    We will consider the option to monitor the quality/statistics of the mesh link in the Cloudmanager as a feature request and see if we can implement it in future Cloudmanager/AP updates.

Regards,
    Shriram

• HeathlandHeathland Member Posts: 28

Hi Shriram,

Thank you for the reply!

Can you guys please reconsider the decision not to release updates for the stand-alone setup?

Using Xi-1 and Xi-2 in small customer premises solves a lot of issue(s) witch existing CPE vendors won't/can't solve, so Xclaim is the ideal solution for this. But in my opinion, these kind of customers don't need a Cloudmanager feature, it only makes it more difficult to mange the AP's. (to make thins clear, setups with only 1 AP per customer premises) Looking at other vendors with operate in the same ("higher") private market (TP link, Linksys/Belkin for example) they all support local management using WebGUI of Android/iOS App.

Using single setup Xclaim Xi-1/2 has made a lot of my customers very happy (stable WiFi connection and reception)

Just a thought ...

Regarding the mesh link quality/statistics, I'm glad to hear you guys will consider this as an option! :-)

Best regards!