Wireless Printers Disconnect When Xclaim Xi-3 Connected

I have BT fibre operating at 300Mbs with BT Home Hub 6.

When I connect the Xi-3 using Cloud Manager to extend the system around distant areas of the house my Wi-Fi printers disconnect.

I find this baffling although the wi-fi speeds are excellent now in difficult areas.

I have little time to spend trying variables and have poor knowledge of this subject.

Is there a simple solution to this issue please or do I dispense with the Xi-3?

Many thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• shriramrsshriramrs Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 158

Hi @mchope ,

Can you please set static channel for the radio (2.4Ghz or 5ghz) in the AP edit window and check if it helps?
    You can also attempt to connect to a single frequency instead of keeping both radios enabled. For example, if the 2.4 GHz is not usable, make use of 5 GHz spectrum.
    Also, please try using open authentication system on trial basis and see if the issue is related to encryption or authentication.

Thanks,
    Shriram

• mchopemchope Member Posts: 2

Hi Shriram,

Thank you for your reply and interest in this matter.

I shall give these possibilities a try when I have more time and post a reply to you.

From your comments it seems that this is not a recognised issue?

Kind regards,

Mike

• shriramrsshriramrs Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 158

Hi @mchope,

The issue you are experiencing could be due to the channelfly behavior where AP tries to improve wireless performance by dynamically switching a client to a better channel when the one it’s using starts to degrade.
    So we recommendation to set the channel to a static value if you are noticing frequent channel changes , client disconnections.

Regards,
    Shriram