CloudManager 1.4 released!

vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,064

Greetings from Xclaim!

CloudManager 1.4 is now available! This version contains the following:

• Single Hop Mesh Support (For Xi-3 , Xo-1 APs)
• Radio Tx Power control
• RADIUS Accounting
• MSP Offline notification enhancements

This version also contains other usability enhancements and bug fixes.

Please Note : To take advantage of the new features that are being introduced, please ensure that all the APs in your network are updated and running the latest firmware version (2.2.0.0.27).

Please login to http://cloud.xclaimwireless.com with your existing CloudManager account to take advantage of new features. We recommend reloading the page using "Control+Shift+R"(windows) or "Cmd+Shift+R"(osx) to ensure that the browser reloads all the elements of the page and ignores its local cache.

Also, to help you understand Single-Hop mesh concepts and configuration , we have attached a document with all the required information.

Please let us know if you see any issues. Thank you for helping us make CloudManager better.

Regards,
The Xclaim Wireless Team

Comments

• stembystemby Member Posts: 7

Hello, as I understood, there is no support of mesh for Xi-2 right now? Do you plan add this feature to that one or not?

• shriramrsshriramrs Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 179

Hi @stemby,

We do not see the support of mesh in Xi-1/Xi-2 in our product roadmap.

Regards,
    Shriram

Hi @shriramrs you are probably looking wrong into your roadmap, because I can see it since begginings for Xi-2 product and exactly it was a reason why I bought 2 of them in beggining and still am waiting for that feature...

So you are lying in your product sheet or how can you explain that?

I am very disappointed with your products and support, please explain and give me a solution how can I mesh two Xi-2 where only one can have ethernet uplink....

thank you

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,064

Hello @stemby ,

Apologies for the confusion caused. There is a mistake in the product datasheet that is indicating support for simple mesh for the Xi-2. We will get this corrected immediately.

Although we do not have mesh support planned for the Xi-2 APs, we will take this as a feature request and plan if this can be incorporated in any future releases.

Regards,
    Vybhav

Hi @shriramrs,

I believe that this is not a mistake, because info about simple mesh is on product list for Xi-2 for "ages" - since maybe 2015!!!

I think that you only change your feature policy and want people to buy rather Xi-3 and higher.

Please, give me a solution "how can I mesh two (and more) Xi-2 where only one can have ethernet uplink...."

or at least how can I complain about your policy and return your HW which does not met requirements you declared it would have!

Thank you

Hi @shriramrs @Xclaim4U @xclaim @xclaim_teh

do you have any answer or solution for (I believe not only) me and those who believed that you will release that feature for Xi-2 ? I check some more "internal" details and there is no HW reason not tu release it so... where is the problem?

Thank you

Hi @stemby ,

We have taken this as a feature request and we will analyze and see if this can be implemented in the next Cloudmanager/AP updates.

Regards,
    Shriram

• TimvanthagTimvanthag Member Posts: 3

I agree, the Xi-2 and Xi-3 are almost the same (i think they are technical the same) and that only the firmware/software is different. I also would like to see that the XI-2 have the mesh function.

The next feature requestion would be a mesh option within the web-interface. We don't (not yet) use the cloudmanager. I just want to make a VPN to a customer and adjust the settings via the web-interface. so will there be a mesh option with-in the web-interface?

Hi @Timvanthag ,

We are no longer releasing updates for web interface since we encourage our customers to manage APs via CloudManager. We highly recommend you switch to CloudManager which has far more superior features that are not available when managing the APs via the local mode.

Regards,
    Shriram

• DeanLDeanL Member Posts: 2

@shriramrs
    Is the MSP still able to apply right now? I've submitted an application a few days ago but no reply yet

Hi @DeanL ,

Apologies for the delay. We will check and let you know shortly.

Regards,
    Shriram

• DeanLDeanL Member Posts: 2

Hey @shriramrs I'm still not able to access the MSP account, could you please help me?

@vybhavram said:
    Hello @stemby ,

Apologies for the confusion caused. There is a mistake in the product datasheet that is indicating support for simple mesh for the Xi-2. We will get this corrected immediately.

Although we do not have mesh support planned for the Xi-2 APs, we will take this as a feature request and plan if this can be incorporated in any future releases.

Regards,
    Vybhav

Hi Xclaim guys - looks like you kill that platform am I right? I checked updates, there are no plans, no roadmaps, nothing. Mistake in product sheet still not repaired, so you are still lying....

I am very dissapointed that I spent money on your products. With support and communication like this, I want discourage anybody from buying Xclaim or RUCKUS products...

• rameshcrameshc Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 19

Hi @stemby,

We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication. We can understand your frustration. We will come up with the roadmap and list upcoming features ASAP. Please let us know If you would like to have a call with us?

Thanks
    Ramesh