AP firmware update released - 2.2.0.0.27

vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,064

Hello,

We released an AP firmware update (2.2.0.0.27) last week. This new firmware version fixes the following issues that were observed in 2.2.0.0.23 :
1. ARP flooding fixed
2. Client isolation fixes
3. Hotspot fixes

We highly recommend you upgrade all your AP’s firmware to this latest version by rebooting the AP twice with a gap of 10 minutes between each reboot. We highly recommend you complete this activity within 48 hours.

On behalf of everyone in the Xclaim team , we thank you for your support and interest.

Regards,
Vybhav

Comments

• Mikeyorkie10Mikeyorkie10 Member Posts: 16

Hi, all installed and seems stable... when is the associated Cloudmanager update happening please?

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,064

Hello @Mikeyorkie10 ,

We will be announcing the date shortly. Thank you for your interest.

Regards,
    Vybhav

• kablagekablage Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2016

@vybhavram said:
    Hello,

We released an AP firmware update (2.2.0.0.27) last week. This new firmware version fixes the following issues that were observed in 2.2.0.0.23 :
    1. ARP flooding fixed
    3. Hotspot fixes

We highly recommend you upgrade all your AP’s firmware to this latest version by rebooting the AP twice with a gap of 10 minutes between each reboot. We highly recommend you complete this activity within 48 hours.

On behalf of everyone in the Xclaim team , we thank you for your support and interest.

Regards,
    Vybhav

Hi Vybhav,

I'm seeing ARP issues where my router is repeatedly asking for my wireless client IP/MAC and after a period of silence removes the arp entry.

Confirmed via Wireshark on the switchport to the AP. My client machine never receives these ARP requests and communication breaks.

Regards

Alexander

• shriramrsshriramrs Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 158

Hi @kablage,

Can we have an webex call to debug this ARP issue? Can you please let us know the AP model?

Regards,
    Shriram

Hi @shriramrs ,

Issue resolved with a configuration workaround, the router (Clavister) had default settings that was NOT fully compliant with the RFC 826 specification and combined with Xclaim's current firmware behaviour regarding ARP it turned out really nasty.

Sorry, I spoke to soon. Investigating with Clavister, fact is: The Clavister removes it's ARP cache when reconfigured/deploy configuration, the following ARP request from the router does not reach the client behind the Xi-3 in a timely manner.

I'm on the latest firmware (2.2.0.0.29)now.

• shriramrsshriramrs Member, Xpert, Moderator Posts: 158

Hi @kablage ,

Xclaim APs don't modify any ARP requests and just forwards the requests to the clients. Can you please do a packet capture before it reaches the AP and packet coming out of the AP and compare?

Regards,
    Shriram

edited December 2016

@kablage said:

@vybhavram said:
    Hello,

1. ARP flooding fixed
    3. Hotspot fixes

Regards,
    Vybhav

Hi Vybhav,

I'm seeing ARP issues where my router is repeatedly asking for my wireless client IP/MAC and after a period of silence removes the arp entry.

Confirmed via Wireshark on the switchport to the AP. My client machine never receives these ARP requests and communication breaks.

Regards

Alexander

@shriramrs
    I did that first, before posting this issue.