New AP Firmware update released - 2.2.0.0.23

vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,064

Greetings!

We have released an AP firmware update. The newly released firmware version# is : 2.2.0.0.23

This AP firmware will include support for the following new features:

• Single Hop Mesh
  • Support for RADIUS Accounting
  • Radio Power Control

This release also contains bug fixes and several stability & performance enhancements.

All Xclaim APs will automatically download this latest firmware within 24 hours of it’s release. Once they download the update, please reboot the AP or click on the “UPGRADE” button in CloudManager’s Access Points page to upgrade the AP to the latest version.

Please ensure all your APs are upgraded and running the latest firmware version by October 20th , which is when the CloudManager update will be released.

Regards,
The Xclaim team

Comments

• andreacoppiniandreacoppini Member Posts: 4

Hi, we have a site where there was a power failure yesterday (Oct 20). The APs came up with 2.2.0.0.23. Since then the APs are behaving erratically. There seems to be no connectivity over WiFi for some clients (this is a simple Open SSID, no Hotspot, no PSK, no RADIUS). The client associates and gets an IP address but no further traffic flows. Smartphones work well.

Rebooting the APs has no effect.

Resetting the APs to factory default and reconfiguring them seems to solve it for a couple of hours but then stops working again.

Did you add any new extensions (11k/11r/11v) in the new firmware? Is there any way to roll it back?

• vybhavramvybhavram Xpert, Moderator Posts: 1,064

Hello @andreacoppini ,

No. No new 802.11 features were added in the new build. Can you please confirm if you have static channels configured on the 2.4 and 5GHz radios?

Regards,
    Vybhav

All channels set to Auto.
    Channel width = 20 on 2.4g and 5g
    Country Code set to Malta

This has been working flawlessly for almost a year, started causing issues since a power failure. I'm assuming the APs upgraded themselves when power came back. There are 20 Aps so it's not AP specific.

Hello @andreacoppini ,

While we try to debug the issue , can you please set the 2.4 and 5GHz channels to static values to rule out the possibility of auto-channnel algorithm causing this issue?

Regards,
    Vybhav

I've narrowed it down to an ARP storm. I'm seeing around 2Mbps of ARP requests hitting the router coming from random WiFi clients (Samsung phone, iPad). This is obviously filling up the air since (I assume) the bss-minrate is set to 2mbps. I have Client Isolation enabled, but I'm guessing this is local CI (between two clients on the same AP).

It's not channel selection. This is clearly related to the latest firmware upgrade. Maybe Proxy ARP was added and is misbehaving?

Hello @andreacoppini ,

Yes the ARP broadcast is one of the issues that we have identified in this build and we will be fixing it ASAP.

As a workaround to stop the ARP broadcast storm, please disable client isolation in the networks and reboot the AP.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. It will be fixed shortly. Please stay tuned for more updates.

Regards,
    Vybhav

Turning off CI seems to have fixed it.

It might be a good idea to mention this in the release announcement.